Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All this rain

I lost one of my plots too. Have to go pull my trailer/box blind tonight so it does not end up in the gulf of Mexico. Glad I build that on a trailer for the bottom ground.

Too Much-VS-Too little. Yea,,Me again..You just knew it. Bringin up Weather. Sorry for ya up there. Opposite in my little part of Iowa. Plots doin great until 2 wks ago when rain shut off. Only .06 now for 2 and a half weeks. Turnip and Radish gaspin a little. Floods or dry,,it seems...

In the same boat. Had to wear waders to go pull my ground blind and trail cams tonight. Expecting another I don't know, 11ft in the next few days. My food plot was drown out a few weeks ago. I'm tired of this too, but at least it is just a food plot and some work. Not what a lot of towns are dealing with.

Well see rain up north again this morning except made it down to I-80. Looks like my food plots toast for the opposite reason. Weekend system to die out coming east where I am. Flooded plots,,plots burned up. Both in Iowa..

It sucks to lose a good food plot, blinds, trail cams etc. A lot of money down the drain. My buddy text me that he had over a foot of water in his finished basement. And he's probably one of the lucky ones, I've seen pictures where others have it a lot worse.

I'm sure with all this rain there will be some crops that wont get taken out this fall which will make you a great food plot if you get permission. :):):)

You would almost think it would change grain prices a bit. Some prime crop areas had over 10 inches of rain. One of the best areas in MN, the beans and corn below water.

I'm going to try and replant now that the plot is waterless. Thinking beings it's late in the game going with winter wheat and rye. To late for oats probably. What would you try this late?

Top Bottom