Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Allison's 1st Turkey

bowman

Super Moderator
Following a successful deer season, Allison was feeling the need to catch up with her little brother. They both had their first deer, but he shot a turkey last spring. As anyone who hunted this weekend knows, the weather was less than desirable. We froze in the wind, rain, and snow on Friday afternoon and Saturday with very little luck. Sunday morning started just as slow.

At 9:25 a.m I called and we settled back in the Double Bull to eat our sandwiches. The next thing I saw was 4 jakes racing each other to the B-mobile set up. We dropped our sandwiches, hit the record button and she got the gun up. She missed at 10 yards! Luckily they scattered only to regroup at 20 yards. She made the second shot count and dropped one of them. Fogetting all about the video I ran out to the bird with Allison hot on my heels. We hooted and hollered with the bird flopping in my hands. It made for a pretty good video seeing us all wound up like we had just won the lottery. The 9 year old girl carried that jake out every step, a long, long ways.

No better feeling in the world! Allison is very proud and I am proud of her. She told me this morning that she is happy that she got her bird but her favorite part was talking, laughing and spending time together.

17lbs, 4 1/4" beard!
Allison_Turkey_1.JPG

Allison_2.JPG

Great job - and great job of telling the story. You do a great job with the kids, and the memories will last long after the video is gone. Congrats !

Top Bottom