Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Allison's mount is back!

bowman

Super Moderator
Rick Whitaker did a fantastic job, as he always does. Allison is thrilled with her first mount!:way:

1040-amount3.jpg

1040-amount_2.jpg

1040-amount4.jpg

1040-amount5.jpg

Last edited:
That is a dandy! Congrats, you must be proud.
Based on pic alone, that is one of the nicest mounts I've seen in a while. If you don't mind disclosing, how much did it cost you. Thanks!

Thats a great looking mount. Rick did an amazing job. You're gonna have to buy a bigger house Wayne to fit all of the deer mounts in!

Thanks everyone, we really are happy that we went with this pose. Rick still charges less than $500 and I had buddies paying that much for work that was far less in quality. Most of those buddies are now making the switch. Rick described the form as a "wall pedestal with an extreme turn." (I think that is his polite way of saying that he alters the form with his own artistic touches).

I will post a few more pics tomorrow to show the wall /pedestal back and another angle.

Thanks everyone, we really are happy that we went with this pose. Rick still charges less than $500 and I had buddies paying that much for work that was far less in quality. Most of those buddies are now making the switch. Rick described the form as a "wall pedestal with an extreme turn." (I think that is his polite way of saying that he alters the form with his own artistic touches).

I will post a few more pics tomorrow to show the wall /pedestal back and another angle.

bowman, looks to me to be a Joe Coombs form. In fact I'm almost positive I have picked out the exact same form for my Illinois buck except the buck is turning to the right at that hard angle.

Nice mount, the form looks like a Matt Thompson 8500 series wall pedestal, looks sweet!

That is a great looking mount, I hope to take a short haired whitetail like that one day...the mounts always turn out awesome!

Nice mount, the form looks like a Matt Thompson 8500 series wall pedestal, looks sweet!

Oh yeah, sure does look like one! Now that you say that I remember that at the last minute I switched from the Coombs hard right turn to the Thompson 8500 series. My mind has been pretty absent, was home for 5 days last week with a sick kid! So many of the forms look so similar that it's hard to distinguish!

Top Bottom