Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Allopathic Effects of Rye and Brassicas Really Works

Terrific_tom

This is one of my soybean plots from this year. After planting my mix of rye, wheat, oats and winter peas in this plot for 4 years and then planting a brassica mix in it last summer it is almost completely weed free. I did not spray this plot this year or last year and I think I may not have to. The rye and brassica has a allopathic effect so weeds do not grow. This area was the hardest to get plots to grow well before I started the rye, oats, wheat and pea planting but has turned into the best soil that I have. Every spring when the rye got about 15 to 20 inches high I would disc it under for green manure to help build the soil.

IMG_1177-1.jpg

IMG_1178-1.jpg

It looks like you broadcasted your beans correct? If so do you harrow drag them in, disk them in, or cultipack them in. I harrowed mine in this yr. and I am thinking they would of did a little better if I would of either lightly disked them in or harrowed cultipacked them in. Just curious what you did.

It looks like you broadcasted your beans correct? If so do you harrow drag them in, disk them in, or cultipack them in. I harrowed mine in this yr. and I am thinking they would of did a little better if I would of either lightly disked them in or harrowed cultipacked them in. Just curious what you did.

I disced the beans in and then followed up with the cultipacker.

Top Bottom