Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

almost got skunked

muddy

I was setting my sticks on the tree this morning, heard a rustle in the leaves behind me, turned around with the light to make sure the boogie man wasn't going to get me and about 10 feet away a skunk was having a tail up stare down with me. At least the wind was in my favor and I whisked around the tree quick and finally he waddled off.

I must admit, I was worried. That's the 2nd time I"ve almost been sprayed by a skunk. I"m worried for the "3rd times a charm" meeting.

Ha, I've had one walk by me while climbing down, and in the way back to the truck the same night almost ran into one got within 5 yards away before realizing what it was.

I was setting my sticks on the tree this morning, heard a rustle in the leaves behind me, turned around with the light to make sure the boogie man wasn't going to get me and about 10 feet away a skunk was having a tail up stare down with me. At least the wind was in my favor and I whisked around the tree quick and finally he waddled off.

I must admit, I was worried. That's the 2nd time I"ve almost been sprayed by a skunk. I"m worried for the "3rd times a charm" meeting.

At least you'd smell better:D

That's a crappy feeling, seeing the tail in the air! I've had it once with my dog pheasant hunting and watched him get blasted in the face. Not cool...

Just think if you would've gotten sprayed you wouldn't have to wash your clothes or worry about the wind for the rest of the yr! The real "nose jammer"!!

That's a crappy feeling, seeing the tail in the air! I've had it once with my dog pheasant hunting and watched him get blasted in the face. Not cool...
The GSP I had got hit to seperate times when bird hunting. Thank god for owning a pickup. I would not want to have to ride home in a Suburban or any other SUV with that smell. Did find out that a tomato juice bath did help get rid of the smell.

Top Bottom