Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Almost thru Jan:

loneranger

Well almost thru Jan and this week continues thedry NW flow of most of this Winter. Ridge West-Trough East. Same as last winter though west flow is stronger givin us breaks from the bitter cold. With this set up is only timeand another shot of artic air will come down.Bottom line,,little precip. Road Crews should be savin bunch of $$ for snow removal. Coarse you never hear that!

Guess I'm talkin to myself, but hey last week of Jan, still looks mild and basically dry. As a commuter every day,,my wife is glad my forecast was right!

But,,as I have already mentioned,,a NW flow like this eventually leads to Artic intrusions. Like last winter. One is due end of net week. Doubt there will be much precip though. Still a dry winter overall.

I'm having some timber cut this winter and would love to see a long term artic intrusion. This girly man weather is no good for my project!

you can bet he Artic air is not done with the midwest yet! You'll getyour wish next month. I am glad for the wildlife. Even though most animals do OK thru the winter in Iowa. I am glad when the weather is not hard on them. One more month or so and we've got it licked down here.

Forecasts have even taken the Artic air OUT,,for the foreseeable future. Probably go down as one of the mildest winters ever! Too bad for those on the east coast. They got it last winter too. Too bad for the drought stricken west too.

Forecasts have even taken the Artic air OUT,,for the foreseeable future. Probably go down as one of the mildest winters ever! Too bad for those on the east coast. They got it last winter too. Too bad for the drought stricken west too.

You just jinxed us Loneranger. You started the post that it was only time for the arctic air and it has been nice. Now you are back to it being one of the mildest winters ever? You are a weather man swaying back and forth. :D

BTW - I think the El Nino year about four years ago was the mildest that I have experienced.

No,,,overall the winter has to be considered mild. Thus far little in the way of snow or Ice, for Dec and Jan. for a large part of the central cornbelt. A couple shots of artic air, that lasted only a few days. I am sure Feb and March will have some winter weather, but so far,,over all, it's been MILD. Espcially compared to other parts of the country, including Texas, which I think has had more snow than most of Iowa. Alaska Dog race is also suffering from lack of snow. Ridge out west and trough to the east, this is the pattern last couple winters. Causes most major storms to develop east of Iowa. I hope March is on the cold side. If we get 60s and70s, it always forces my fruit trees out, and then freezes the buds.:(

Some snow and cold coming to parts of Iowa this weekend. Winter is not over for sure ,,,but a lot of it is past-Dec-Jan, behind us!

Top Bottom