Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Am I the first?

Monday night, just past shooting hours, I'm still in my stand and I see a yote in the cut bean field behind me about 100 yards. It was digging or doing something that had it occupied. I tried lip squeaking, tried playing some rabbit squeals on my phone, all it did was look. I climbed down and walked out of the creek line, not bring overly quiet either. Got to the edge if the been field it was in and by that time it was done digging. By this point, I could see it still at about 80 yards but it was dark! I'm standing there and start lip squeaking again and here he comes on a string. At 20 yards I draw my bow and no joke, that sucker comes to 10 yards! But do you think I could find my pin?? Ha! Not a chance! Dumbest coyote ever I think. I let my bow down and turned my sight light on, shoulda done that sooner. Drew again and the yote started wandering off by that time. Took what I thought was a 40 shot and missed of course. If only I had a gun or had been down 5 minutes earlier. Cool experience though!

My brother had two swing by his stand at 25 yards on oct 9th he dropped one with a swhacker, that was his first yote with a
Bow on public land too

Top Bottom