Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AM to midday movement

jatorto

RazorbkBuckKiller
How many people are still hunting mornings or all day sits? I have been out the last couple afternoons and seen some decent bucks but havent been able to make if out for a morning sit. I know its Nov and anything can happen. Alot of ppl say they switch to pm hunts for late season and I didnt know if its already that time.

I went Sat morning because I could and the rain was ending here in Eastern Iowa not long before sunrise. Was hoping to catch them between food and bedding and it was the right move. Distraction from a small buck behind me. Ost me a chance at a shooter I didn't see until after he was all through my last lane. Went yesterday morning and saw more deer then I thought were even on the farm. Bucks following groups of doe and fawns. Deer were moving till almost 10. Decided to stay up for an evening sit as I knew where they all had bedded. Didn't see a deer all evening.
In my opinion the weather isn't cold enough to have them bedded before sunrise yet.

I did a morning though about 2 yesterday and didn't see much at all. Driving in the evening I saw quite a few doe groups out feeding. No bucks. Doing an all day sit today. Haven't seen anything yet. Hunting a funnel just inside timber close to bedding. Looks like late season around here.

When heading in to town today I saw 2 good bucks in different sections out walking across corn fields about 9:50am.

not seeing anything mornings here either , that being said tho , all i have is timber off corn that's been disced and the bedding i have is marsh and is pretty wet atm . im hoping the fact that the field is worked isnt gonna totally destroy my late muzzy season. ive never had the opportunity to hunt near food before a few weeks ago. theres does coming in the area in the evenings but havent seen even a small buck in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom