Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Amazing archery pictures

S

sddeerhunter

This hunter found these 2 monsters locked in battle last week. One was already dead and he shot the other with his bow. They score 158" and 152" gross. Two amazing deer that the hunter had been scouting all summer and fall. The neat thing about it is that he has cam trakker pictures of both 2 days before and has both on video as well. The DNR allowed the hunter to keep both bucks. What is the law in Iowa dealing with this? In SoDak, most of the time, the GF&P will take the dead one and the hunter will get the one he shoots.

Here are the pictures.

dom1.jpg
dom2.jpg

dom3.jpg

That is cool. Not that it happened, but even though it did happen he was able to collect them. I don't know about the state, but one downside of it is that they won't be allowed in P&Y. It has to do with the rule of being helpless as if in deep snow or water, but who cares. I think we have all had dreams of being in a position such as this. And now that he can share it with all of us, is even better.

Since they are locked in does disqualify him from entering the buck in P&Y since it wasn't a Fair Chase.

It's hard to say what someone would do in that situation. The one buck was dead and the other was near death by exhaustion. They were near a well traveled road and had been on the road judging by the blood. Which is worse, a hunter shooting a buck locked together or a car hitting 2 bucks locked together?

The hunter is a dedicated hunter and spends countless hours in the field. Took up archery 3 years ago after muzzleloading for over 20 years and this is his first buck by bow.

By any rate, it is quite a story.

I think it's good that the DNR let him have both deer. It's a story he'll be telling the rest of his life, and now he has both deer to prove it! Quite a story. -thegeneral

lot of different way to look at this but,I wouldnt want to tag a animal I wasnt proud of and I couldnt be happy to shoot this would be trophy that he has scouted and hunted for from 2 feet away,while he was nearly dead.

It would be neat to have them in my den,yea!
like I said lot of different ways

Cool pictures, and it is neat that he gets to keep both deer. If he can get them mounted in the locked position it would create a lifetime conversation piece in his home. I say congrats on being in the right place at the right time.

Hmmm... What would I have done? Depends on the details. I would have liked to see the surviver freed from the dead one if he was week enough to approach. But I can't say I would'nt have wacked him myself. This is one of those "you had to be there" situations.

Top Bottom