Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ames Urban bowhunt update

T

twsmith

Here is an update on the proposed urban bowhunt in Ames. The city council so far has past the ordinance on the first 2 readings unanimously but the anti's are starting to mobilize heavily by using editorials in the paper and the online ames tribune at www.AMESTRIB.COM and sending emails to the city council and a letter writing campaign and several council members are starting to waver to the pressure of the antis. Since I am on the deer task force I have been working on getting the council members the correct facts but I can't do it alone. That is why I am writing this. The last reading and passage of the ordinance will be on the agenda for the Sept 26 meeting. The council meeting starts at 7pm at city hall in Ames. If you live around Ames and would like to participate in the hunt or have had accidents or close calls with deer in Ames please attend this meeting. If you would like to send emails to the council stating support the website is www.AMES.IA.US. This website also has the proposed ordinance if you would like to read it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom