Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ammo prices

has anyone brought any ammo has of late?? i went out to dunhams tonite just to look around and saw that lightfields went from 8.99 a box to 10.50 a box..i guess all ammo has went up in price...rifle ammo for instance is off the charts...and im not gonna switch these lightfileds shoot really good out of my 870..i can get them off there website for 9.95 a box

I priced some 223 ammo a couple monthes ago and just bought a few cases last week and it had gone up .50 cents a box in that amount of time. I shoot winchester partition golds for deer hunting and they seem to be up 1.00 a box. Glad I have a few extra boxes from last year. All metal prices are way up. I think the war has had an affect on it. I'd hate to think I might have to start reloading my 223 ammo. It's usually so cheap to buy that I wouldn't even consider spending the time to reload it.
frown.gif

i paid 8.99 a bos about 2 weeks ago...those were for sighting in my gun.. and to see how i liked them..i was gonna say something else has an affect on the price going up but i wont say it. im not really looking to start a war with anyone over here... you guys have helped me out soo much with all my questions...

alan

I don't think it has anything to do with retail gouging, they are in it to sell as much as they can with enough margin and can only go so high before competition lures people away.
357, 44, & 45 handgun ammo is way up from last year too. $2.00 a box or more.

I actually thought ammo went down. What I am shooting anyway. I just spent $2 a box for rifled slugs, didnt think that was to bad. Nothing like flinging cheap lead.

As an avid waterfowler who buys ammo by the case in several different shot sizes, I can assure that prices have gone up and it isn't retail gouging. I have a couple of friends in the industry and they all tell me the same thing. It cost more to ship the raw materials and the finished product. It is all tied to the cost of fuel rising so high. Any electricians will tell you how the price for copper wire has skyrocketed. Well that is the same copper that goes into our copper buffered loads, steel and lead are way up too.

Top Bottom