Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Angry at myself

enis

The other day i got a picture of a dandy buck for the second time this year,my battery on my cam showed fully charged so i reset it and left hoping to get more pictures of my dream buck.After 3 days i go to my cam to see the battery was dead as a hammer.I take my SD card home to download and the battery went dead the next morning at around 8ish at least that was my last picture.I use a moultrie cam with one six volt 4.5 amp hour battery.Anyone else ever had this problem?The battery is new.

My Moultrie uses 6 of the big batteries and I've had mine out all summer and will have to change them on Sunday when I visit the farm. I delay my pics though 5 minutes apart, I'm happy with my Moultrie.

I've heard nothing but good things on the battery lives of Moultree cameras as well... Maybe you just got a bad battery.

the new moultrees are awesome!!!! great batt life! the older cams that use the 6 volt really struggle to keep a charge.
i have the iSpy 40 (or whatever it is) and love that thing! 6-D cell batts last a long time!!!!

One thing I found out is, use the Duracell 6 volt batteries in the older cameras. They will last three times longer than the cheap ones. Well worth the 9 bucks versus the 3 dollar junk ones.

Also I think the rechargeable 6 volt batteries last alot longer. When I had one they would eat a alkaline fast.

I have 3 Moultrees and they are all 6D had an old one that took the MONSTER six volt and got rid of that thing after 2 weeks!! If I had to guess my new cameras took around 4000 pictures and I will have to switch batteries this weekend for the first time!!

the battery i got was from cabelas and it is rechargeable.the first time using it this year it lasted about 3.5 weeks and took close to 3000 pictures not all deer,ants got in my cam and they were really photogenic.cam set to take 2 pics every minute.guess ill try different battery.Thanks fellas.

sounds like the same problem I ran into with my moultree that takes a 6volt. this year the first time i took it out it took 160 pics in a week and still had 3 bars left on the battery so i switched sd cards and went back 8 days later and it said low battery so i shut it off and turned it on and still had two bars of battery and 86 pics from that first night eight days earlier. the first year i owned it i even sent it back for a new one because i thought it was the camera. sounds like i need to invest in a newer camera! I also thought of trying a duracell.

Top Bottom