Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another 200"er falls to stick and string

AIRASSAULT

PMA Member
Yesterday morning, I got a text from my best friend at 0624; "Just shot a big boy!!! He went down BBD!!!!" I asked him how big it was and he said " He is at least a ten....I think" (It was just low light enough yet in the timber that he couldn't quite really tell how big it was)... Well, he soon found out that it had 19 scoreable points and I scored him at 200 3/8". He had gotten into the tree a little later than he wanted. He got setup and hadn't been in the stand for more than 10 minutes when he saw this buck about 60 yards away. He gave him a soft grunt and the buck came right to him. Shot him with a rage 2-blade at 20 yards quartering away and the buck piled up in 40 yards. He looked at his phone and it was 0623, just after shooting time started!
For everyone worried about cattle pastures..... This was shot in the middle of one! Also, for all of you rage lovers.. The rage richocheted off of the bucks ribs and angled right up under his left arm pit just under the skin and came out on the left side of his neck, luckily slicing through the carotid artery. Nothing penetrated the chest cavity. It was quartering away, but not so extreme that it would warrant only a subcutaneous wound. It was very interesting to say the least. In the end, it got the job done and made a hell of a hole and a blood trail, but, I'll stick to my fixed blades :way:. Congrats to my friend and I'm very proud of him! His biggest buck before this was under 130".

378470_10151249015299609_1391332423_n.jpg

207452_10151249013674609_1042915083_n.jpg

311149_10151249014104609_1611132402_n.jpg

550767_10151249016459609_818447271_n.jpg

51770_10151250389964609_1890302239_o.jpg

197042_10151250390199609_1816240672_n.jpg

Last edited:
Your buddy got crazy lucky on that shot! I can't get LUCKY, let alone crazy lucky! :grin: Awesome deer, and congrats to him. He could at least smile a little in the pictures. Should be pretty happy with that one!

Holy Smokes! That's a big un! Congrats to your buddy. Just goes to show it only takes a few minutes at the right time.

Gotta love having a big flaw in your quiver. Thanks for the very very clear education.

Buck of a life time. What a beauty. Congratulations.

That one might be the front runner for story of the year...holy cow, talk about lucky. Glad I never bought into "the rage"...but that's a different story.

Basically, had this buck gotten away do to the broadhead, your buddy would've never known that he had stuck a buck of a lifetime, he would've just thought it was a "nice 10"?...or did he have trailcam pics?

Great photos, BTW.:way:

Great buck and some good luck. Can't beat that. Things can always not go the way we planned regardless of the broadhead used. A great buck piled up in 40 yards goes in the "win" column every time.

Your buddy got crazy lucky on that shot! I can't get LUCKY, let alone crazy lucky! :grin: Awesome deer, and congrats to him. He could at least smile a little in the pictures. Should be pretty happy with that one!

I took a bunch of pics for him and there are a bunch of him smiling.. i was just in a hurry during break at work to post this and just picked a few that showed the rack off well.. ill get some more posted.. He's pretty ecstatic :) especially now that he has a deer bigger than mine.. ha

That one might be the front runner for story of the year...holy cow, talk about lucky. Glad I never bought into "the rage"...but that's a different story.

Basically, had this buck gotten away do to the broadhead, your buddy would've never known that he had stuck a buck of a lifetime, he would've just thought it was a "nice 10"?...or did he have trailcam pics?

Great photos, BTW.:way:

Going through trailcam pics, they did have two of him that only showed about half of the right side.. definately couldnt tell he was as big as he is.. last year, my buddy was deployed to Iraq. He came home on leave in august and hung a couple trail cams so he could at least see what was going through his hunting area even thouh he wouldnt be able to hunt.. he got some pics of a nice one last year that we are pretty sure is him.

Great buck and fun story :way:

Must be something deceptive about the pics 'cause it doesn't look like it'd be real close to 200...more like 175-180 tops ??? One helluva a buck regardless...congrats to your friend :way:

NWBuck

Great buck and fun story :way:

Must be something deceptive about the pics 'cause it doesn't look like it'd be real close to 200...more like 175-180 tops ??? One helluva a buck regardless...congrats to your friend :way:

NWBuck

My orginal guess when he sent me cell phone pics right after he found him was 186.. Trust me, pics don't do this thing justice. He has 6" bases and 20" of abnormals as a mainframe 12.. Pretty cool deer.

Top Bottom