Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

another broadhead question

muddy

to you traditional hunters out there...

i was in the store tonite and found some zwickey eskimo broadheads. they're 160 grains a piece and i was thinking that i'd try them out of my recurve. tell me again why a heavier broadhead is better than the 100 grainers i had planned on using. i didn't buy them but am considering it.

Have someone toss you a ping pong ball then a stone the same size.... crude analogy but the principle is the same... traditional equipment cannot store the energy that the modern compound bows do.... thus great penetration is achieved through heavy arrows and solid cut on impact broadheads..... zwickey heads have probably put more big game on the ground than any other head.... they are a little difficult to sharpen... I prefer the Magnus... great head and much easier to sharpen!!!
waytogo.gif

Muddy,
another great thing about these heads is all you need is a file,if you see something you want to shoot at all you have to do is touch it up with a file and your ready to go again.

Muddy as a traditional guy for the last 15 years...i can tell you that i havent shot a head other than the 125 grain variety and have not had many issues with it. Mainly, zwickey 125 grain delta's to be precise. there are two sides two the equation, but you are concerned with the right side(mass x velocity)and with recurves/longbows it is easier to add mass.
Dor
smokin.gif

You mean there are others besides Traditional?
grin.gif

A good heavy hunting shaft will absorb most of the energy the bow has to offer.

I say if it flys good, shoot it.

Been using Zwickeys for 30 years, I have never had any problem sharpening them. The single blade Delta is my personal favorite.

You buy a dozen solid steel BH's and you may never have to buy anymore.

"You buy a dozen solid steel BH's and you may never have to buy anymore."

You must shoot better than I!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
jester.gif
jester.gif

That is why the word "may" was included. In theory it works. But in reality with me, I'm not good at waiting for the squirrel to get off the rock.
grin.gif

Top Bottom