Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another coyote question...

oBIGBUCKDOWNo

I was wondering what everyone does with coyotes after they kill em? Are the furs worth anything? If so is there a specific way to skin them?

They may not be worth skinning this late in the year due to the fact that they are usually rubbed at the front shoulders. But if its not rubbed it maybe worth skinning. The pale furred ones are worth the most. You case skin them like a raccoon.

They may not be worth skinning this late in the year due to the fact that they are usually rubbed at the front shoulders. But if its not rubbed it maybe worth skinning. The pale furred ones are worth the most. You case skin them like a raccoon.

What do I do with one I shoot and dont need???

Where can I find standards for skinning coyote to sell? I'm sure I wont get full price if the fur has an 8 I hole in the center, but what if that 8 inch hole is where the head used to be? I'd be using an 06 to harvest

I sold 5 finished out pelts for an average of $48.00 at the Canadian Acution. Wild fur prices are in great demand this year.

Look up the Fur Harvesters Auction website, they have instructions on pelt handling from skinning to fleshing and stretching. Finishing pelts isn't hard but requires some specific equipment to do it right and it is best to have someone show you the right way. We averaged $52 on four coyotes at the auction last week.

Look up the Fur Harvesters Auction website, they have instructions on pelt handling from skinning to fleshing and stretching. Finishing pelts isn't hard but requires some specific equipment to do it right and it is best to have someone show you the right way. We averaged $52 on four coyotes at the auction last week.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Top Bottom