Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another giant elk taken in PA

446”?!???! I’m not incredibly familiar with Elk but isn’t that like shooting a 300” deer?!?! I don’t recall seeing any that score that high. Insane!!! Last place I thought of for big elk was pa! Very cool!

446”?!???! I’m not incredibly familiar with Elk but isn’t that like shooting a 300” deer?!?! I don’t recall seeing any that score that high. Insane!!! Last place I thought of for big elk was pa! Very cool!
I'd say that's like a 300" whitetail. Pa has a pretty good elk heard in several counties for many years. They are managed well and there have been many impressive bulls taken over the years, as good as many well know elk states.

I'd think the eastern states with the unlimited habitat and few tags made available would be smashing all the records soon enough compared to the western states.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
How long has pa had a huntable population? Is this a resident only hunt?
I think it's a shame what Europeans did to the native wildlife in this country and its cool to see some wildlife returning all these years later.
I read that PA opened the season back up in 2001. Of course, it’s very limited and I believe still limited today.

Here's a little history of the elk in PA. I believe they stopped the hunts when the heard was down to about 100 long ago. After they rebounded, they opened the season in 2001 issued by a draw. Currently there are about 1,440 in the heard. They have a lot of ground to thrive on, check the terrain in Elk, Cameran and Clinton counties on Google Earth.

Top Bottom