Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Mountain Loin

Kat,
I think that would depend on the film speed and what the shutter speed was set at on that particular camera if it was 35mm.

People on that site seem to get pretty wound up over a cam picture, glad we don't see that on this site.
grin.gif

Yes, but if the shutter speed was set so it was clear for something running would pictures of walking or standing still animals turn out good? Isn't that what most trail cam pics are? Relaxed/slow moving or feeding animals? If so, why set the shutter speed for running animals?

Sorry, I'm just playing detective.
smile.gif

I believe the pictures would still show ok if the animal was standing or walking. I have never ajusted my shutter speed on my trailcam because no need to and mine is not of very good quality so it also won't allow me to. I don't think either the deer or lion are running or bounding in this picture therefor it is fairly clear. Best I can do detective
frown.gif
, vman needs to be brought in for questioning on something like this
grin.gif

My question is why didn't the camera take the picture when the deer was standing where the lion is. Why did the camera wait so long before snapping a pic?

I too was wondering the same thing nosres. That would almost tell me that the shutter speed was set slower, but then again, if that was the case and these two animals were running, it would have been a blur. Where is Vman when ya need him?

Who's to say this guy doesn't have a nice taxidermy collection and thought it would be cool to stage a phony picture to freak his friends? I am guilty of doing it with sheds and deer mounts. Holding an 80 inch shed in front of the camera makes it look like a big boy sneaking up for a sniff. I always make sure to tell my buddies they are phony though "Ha,ha. Who knows, picture could be real?

I make my living as a photographer,and would have to say it's VERY likely that this photo has been edited. They did put some time on the job.

Flash duration is much much shorter than camera shutter speeds so on a dark night there would be little or no blurring from a solid rest like a trailcam. Photos have been taken of bullets in flight with very little distortion given the correct way to trigger the flash while the bullet is still in the picture frame.

[ QUOTE ]

My question is why didn't the camera take the picture when the deer was standing where the lion is. Why did the camera wait so long before snapping a pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because its not a Vcam.
grin.gif

It just depends, some cameras trigger faster than others is all.

Well,

When I first looked at this pic I kinda figured it was from a sony p?? camera based on the time and date stamp. I just discovered that a friend of mine(whom I will be elk hunting with next week)had built the system that took the pics!

Anyway here is a link to his website with some more pics.

Pics

Even though this picture is posted on his site also, he has psoted a disclaimer below the picture. It seems as though he is somewhat doubting the very same thing that we are doubting. I still say it is an altered picture.

If you go on the first link after the photo it looks as if the deer is running. #1 But bucks run with there head up, this is down. #2 Wouldnt a mule deer be bounding versus running with its legs extended back?

Top Bottom