Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another one down.

Buckmaster14

Took this girl yesterday morning on kind of a spot and stalk hunt.

After the wind shifted on me I left my ladderstand and walked across the road to my clover field. I haven't hunted it because I can't draw my bow back in the box blind.

I walked around behind the landowners storage building and started down the hill towards my plot. I stopped when I saw a tail flicker in the grown up field in front of me, I purposely leave this part of the field high for bedding, haven't planted anything here. I eased up closer, 40 yards, and she never stopped feeding. I went closer still, 35 yards, and she never looked up. Even closer, 25 yards, she turned broadside.
shocked.gif
I came to full draw and settled the pin. I released the arrow and the smack echoed through the woods. She spun and took off into the clover plot.

I walked to the back edge of my plot and set my bow up on the feeder I have set up, and walked over to the creek crossing they use to access the field. sure enough there she was. 30 yds from where I shot her. She crossed the creek and piled up.

Old old lady. We checked her teeth at the processing place and she is well over 5 years old. Worn about an 8th of an inch from the gum line on both sides of molars and all but 2 of her front teeth on the bottom had fallen out lol Weighed 110 pounds.

Season to date!

Top Bottom