Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Piece of Iowa Land bites the Dust:

loneranger

I correspond with a businessman in Florida, thats owns 600 acres of fields and woods across the road from me. He bought it for an investment 5 yrs ago. He hires a cattle farmer to use some of it. He just emailed me, saying he is seriously considering leasing it to a hunting guide,,who has offered him a tidy sum of $$. Early on I asked the Florida guy if he minded if I bow hunted on it. He said so many had asked to be fair he was saying NO to all hunting. Now looks like I will have a hunting operation across from me.

That could be good or bad. SOmetimes property adjacent to well-managed hunting land can reap the benefits of the hard work of the property.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now looks like I will have a hunting operation across from me.
</div></div>
Well...don't feel like the "loneranger" (pun intended) /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sorry...I know it's not funny but I've long grown use to leases and outfitters as neighbors... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

talk to the guy selling it, not sure if your good friends with him or not , but see if the guy that sells it, says ( i would hope you consider that you let this guy hunt with the exchange that(he) you, would help watch the property , because your familiar with it, and also help maintain it, food plots ect, just an idea. you might help in guide , because your going to know it better than anyone. ( with the exchange to hunt yourself now and then,)Your not out nothing by asking.may be a parttime job there for ya.?

Top Bottom