Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another round of MN Musky Madness!

Shoot2Kill

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....we had an incredible night fishing muskies last weekend. With three fish, 2 of them being 50s, this was a night musky guys dream about. I hadn't fished all that much for the first month of the season...new baby, tough weather conditions, etc so I was waiting for the heat and the bite to pick up. I'll wait every year for a month to stick the first one if she's gonna be a FIFTY! :D

50.75 x 19 right at sunset...I've wanted a sunset musky picture since I came down with the musky virus two years ago. I could not be happier with how this picture turned out! Every year I set a few goals for myself and I had three this year - get a fish bigger than last years 48, get a sunset musky, and get a fish off the lake 18 miles from home that has given me fits for two years. Two boxes checked on the same fish!

4125-sunset_50.75_x_19.jpg

4125-50.75_x_19.jpg

An hour later the net was full of slime again! When she went in the net I really thought it was another 50. She was just so fat that it made her look a lot bigger than what the tape said. 44.5 x 19.5! 6 inches shorter than the 50, but a half inch bigger around! Suuuuuuuuuweeeey! PIGGY!

4125-44.5_x_19.5.jpg

The guy I took with me was a newbie to muskies. I met him online on another fishing forum about 10 days prior when he was asking about help getting started with these fish and told him I would be in his area over the long weekend and had an open spot in my boat if he wanted to jump in. Basically just as Thomas did to me, I totally ruined him that night because he now has been fully infected with the musky virus! At 1:30 in the morning, a split second after I said "man, it's 1:30, my son will be awake in 5 hours, we gotta go" he set the hooks into his first musky - a 50" fatty!!! I couldn't believe it! He was so excited he could hardly talk...hahaha. What a way to end the night!

4125-img_8562.jpg

4125-josh_and_his_50_-_1.jpg

I absolutely LOVE this release shot. I should be a photographer. :D

4125-head_on_release.jpg

4125-release.jpg

The newbie has it so bad he's already going back out tonight!

Last edited:
Congrats Ryan :way: You had a night that alot of guys will not have in a lifetime. Phenomenal Pics and awesome of you to take a newbie and get him addicted to Musky hunting. I am jealous! :grin:

Nice work guys! I lost a lot of sleep that night... :grin: Hoping to spank that night off the books this weekend! HA!

Way to pay it forward brother :way:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!

AWESOME fish, congrats big time.

Did I mention I am jealous?

Sweet release photo, I agree, you should be a photographer.

Nice fish!!!!!!!! I have too caught the musky bug in the last three years. My wifes dad is a big musky fisherman. What lake are you guys fishing? we will be up in a little over a month fishing grand rapids area for a week then heading to lake of the woods.

There was a 57"/ 51 lb. caught on July 1st, around DL. He tried to release it, but it didn't make it. At the taxidermist now.

Top Bottom