Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

another score please

I find it kind of funny when guys are trying to guess the score and they come up with 1/8 or 3/8 or whatever. Really? How in the heck are guys coming up with that? lol :confused:

I find it kind of funny when guys are trying to guess the score and they come up with 1/8 or 3/8 or whatever. Really? How in the heck are guys coming up with that? lol :confused:

Just guesses. If you did one of those contests at the deer classic you always have to put the 1/8, 2/8 etc. I guess that is what we are doing here.

Guessing a whole number (158, 163, 145 etc.) is still guessing to the nearest 1/8. So what's the difference if someone throws a 1/8, 6/8 etc. on the end? Not trying to start a fight, just sayin.

Guessing a whole number (158, 163, 145 etc.) is still guessing to the nearest 1/8. So what's the difference if someone throws a 1/8, 6/8 etc. on the end? Not trying to start a fight, just sayin.

Yea there is really no difference...just found it funny. Wasn't trying to be a smart@$$ or start anything either. How is guessing a whole # related to the 1/8 like you said? Not following.

Haven't done any of the contests at the classic...didn't know you would of had to guess and include 1/8 inches. Like I said, didn't mean to bust any bubbles here...just found it funny I guess.

Yea there is really no difference...just found it funny. Wasn't trying to be a smart@$$ or start anything either. How is guessing a whole # related to the 1/8 like you said? Not following.

Haven't done any of the contests at the classic...didn't know you would of had to guess and include 1/8 inches. Like I said, didn't mean to bust any bubbles here...just found it funny I guess.

No problem. I understand what you are saying. What I was getting at is that deer scores are always scored to the nearest eighth inch. Whether the score ends on a whole number or with a fraction, it is still to the nearest eighth. So although it seems that putting a 1/8 or 5/8 or whatever/8 behind a score for a guess is odd, it's still guessing to the nearest eighth just the same as if you guessed a whole number such as 151 or 145 (which can also be written as 151-0/8 or 145-0/8) still guessing to the nearest 1/8.:way:

No problem. I understand what you are saying. What I was getting at is that deer scores are always scored to the nearest eighth inch. Whether the score ends on a whole number or with a fraction, it is still to the nearest eighth. So although it seems that putting a 1/8 or 5/8 or whatever/8 behind a score for a guess is odd, it's still guessing to the nearest eighth just the same as if you guessed a whole number such as 151 or 145 (which can also be written as 151-0/8 or 145-0/8) still guessing to the nearest 1/8.:way:

Well...if I was still living at home and sat down for supper ... when my parents asked me if I learned something new today. I would have had something to tell them. :drink1:

Well...if I was still living at home and sat down for supper ... when my parents asked me if I learned something new today. I would have had something to tell them. :drink1:

Haha glad you see it that way. Yep, I learned something new today....was it worth learning? Nope...

I agree with Booners guess and I guess he is a Booner.
Those have to be 70-75in. sides, 25 to 28in. mb, he has quite a bit of space between each tine for super mb length. Keeps a 4-5 circumference for most of the beam. His brows are short but he makes up for it in other places. The spread I'm guessing wide. Whats most deer 16-18? I am guessing 20-24.
170 or a touch bigger, and I'm not smoking anything tonight, drinking yes:)

Guys, it's OK to extend your guesses out to the nearest 1/8 inch as long as you do NOT refer to the buck as 4 and a half! :way: Just trying to make sure everyone is clear. :D

Top Bottom