Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

another "since its slow" post

doublerack

Anyone else out there have type of music or a couple specific songs they listen to in the truck on the way to stand?
If I'm lifting, I like Metallica, White Zombie, ACDC, G&R ect. or Stevie Ray Vaughan or any other good blues while sitting around BBQ'ng and drinking. But I have yet to find a good CD or artist to listen to on the way to stand. A little Highway Men isn't bad, but more often than not on the way to stand the radio is off and taking in the sounds, the change of the tires from asphalt to gravel, the late summer bug sounds... weird crap stuff that takes me out of reality. Anything to take the mind off the the loud office building sounds of downtown. Must be focus factor. Any suggestions on a good CD or mix of songs to throw together?

Re: another "since its slow" post

Hard to beat Ted Nugent hammering out Fred Bear, Tooth fang and claw, and Spirit of the Wild.

I like to listen to the buttery beats of N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, and some older New Kids on the Block. It may be a little fresh for some, but it gets me going.

Honestly, I listen to Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez on XM about 90% of the time. I like to think I know alittle bit about music, but I have no idea what would be a good going hunting mix. Uncle Ted maybe?

I have a hunting CD that includes some uncle ted, willie, johnny cash, allan jackson, blake shelton, aome other random stuff and of course DA TURDY POINT BUCK!!!

I usually listen to whatever radio station I have on til I get close, then the radio gets shut off and its thinking time.

Never really thought about that til now

I listen to speed metal until I get to where I'm parking my truck. Then I jump out of the truck and run 3/4 mile to the stand and in one bound leap in to the stand. It helps with scent control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I listen to speed metal until I get to where I'm parking my truck. Then I jump out of the truck and run 3/4 mile to the stand and in one bound leap in to the stand. It helps with scent control. </div></div>
I thought it was the 6 pack of Busch light and the can of copenhagen that helped with scent control?

hoofline.gif

I find this song has a calming effect on me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Pressure

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowa1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to beat Ted Nugent hammering out Fred Bear, Tooth fang and claw, and Spirit of the Wild. </div></div>

Nothing in my mind puts me more in the mood than the Nug hammering out Fred Bear...that song sends tingles up my spine at zero dark thirty in the morning. I hit repeat until I get to where I'm going.

Windows open, the cool crisp fall morning air being sucked into your nostrils, the Nug rockin out, and definetely the sound of the tires leaving the asphalt for the gravel....AAAAHHHHH, damn I'm getting excited just thinkin' about it!

The sound of Angus Young shredding the guitar never hurts my hunting attitude in the morning.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

What is not good in the morning is listening to Thomas sing "Loving You" on the way out to the treestand.

After that you know it is not going to be a good day........

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sound of Angus Young shredding the guitar never hurts my hunting attitude in the morning.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>
Thunderstruck always gets me goin!

Top Bottom