Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antelope Hunt?

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

TheMadCatter

Just curious if anybody knows a outfitter for antelope or mule Deer? I kind of want to go as a youth so I can hunt them for less than $5,000 out of state xD

What state? Have you looked at DIY? I applied for antelope tags this year and am going with 2 other guys for a DIY yourself hunt. I refuse to pay an outfitter to do all the work of hunting that I enjoy. The preparation and hunting is alot more exciting to me than the actual shot.

For antelope a DIY bowhunt is the way to go. We go to Gillette Wyoming every year, stay at a motel and hunt BLM. Tons of antelope and some real nice mulies. I would not be caught dead out there during rifle season though.Youth tags are half the price of regular tags. The whole hunt costs us around $1000 each, gas, food, motel and tags. The problem with an outfitter is he is gonna put you in a blind to suffer in all day, everyday,which is the most effective though. We like to have the option to spot and stalk with decoys, which most outfitters wont allow. The guys that use horses to get you close enough for a shot looks like fun though.

^
I have about $600 saved up and that would be fun to do, I need a guide...that's my problem. I can't just go out there asking for permission with a tag like you guys can xD

Most western states have quite a bit of accessible public land...I'd suggest you do your research on the particular state you want to hunt. You don't really 'need' an outfitter. You can do a trip for around $1k if you are frugal with the equipment you purchase and/or have most of it already. Sorry I'm not giving out more details...but it took me several months to even decide on what units to apply for in the state I chose...not really willing to give up my 'secrets' just yet.

Most western states have quite a bit of accessible public land...I'd suggest you do your research on the particular state you want to hunt. You don't really 'need' an outfitter. You can do a trip for around $1k if you are frugal with the equipment you purchase and/or have most of it already. Sorry I'm not giving out more details...but it took me several months to even decide on what units to apply for in the state I chose...not really willing to give up my 'secrets' just yet.
I'm thinkin he "needs" an outfitter because he would be hunting as a youth and would need an adult to be with him, just like youths hunting deer in Iowa. That is just speculation though.

Yeah most states probably require an adult with the youth, you would have to check that, not sure. There are a ton of antelope and BLM/public land in Wyoming, about a 10 or 11 hour drive from you. If you ever decide to go I can tell you exactly where we hunt and what side of the waterhole to setup on. We hunt about 20 miles from the motel in Gillette and have a great butcher there to take it to be caped and cut up, since its usually real warm. They get upset at the motel when you do it in the bathtub.

quite a few IBA members have gone here. he usually is at the IBA spring banquet. not sure if he will be at the deer classic or not

ridgemaster outfitting
casper WY
307-265-8229
email: [email protected]

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom