Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anti-gun Legislation Introduced In Iowa House

Garrett

House File 163, introduced by long-time anti-gun advocate state Representative Bruce Hunter (D-34), would ban the sale or transfer of “large-capacity feeding devices” effective immediately if the bill is passed and enacted into law. A large-capacity feeding device is defined as an ammunition-feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds.
House File 164, introduced by state Representative Bruce Hunter (D-34), would criminalize all private transfers of firearms. It would require background checks be conducted by an FFL on ALL private firearm transfers with no exceptions, and allows the dealer to collect fees in the process. HF 164 would also provide for limitless fees (taxes) for transfers in order to fuel this enormous bureaucratic process, and allow the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to create “rules” as necessary on how to implement the system, which is just another form of universal registration.
House File 165, introduced by state Representative Anesa Kajtazovic (D-61), is very broad legislation that would allow the Natural Resources Commission to ban or restrict the types of ammunition used while hunting. HF 165 is just another attempt to control and restrict your right to keep and bear arms.
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...i-gun-legislation-on-the-move.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

Be sure to contact your state representatives and tell them to oppose these anti-gun laws.

Find your representative's contact info here:
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/Legislators/find.aspx

Last edited:
A side note... Is ANYONE shocked that almost every attempt to go for gun bans of any kind.... Every single frigin one is brought forward by a (D). The gun rights bills - every frigin time, is brought forward by a (R). I have problems with both (D's) & (R's) but I don't think I'd be caught dead voting for a (D) in my lifetime and any of you gun rights folks that vote (D) - you're getting what you deserve and unfortunately - we are getting what you deserve as well.

I don't think any "anti-gun" legislation will make it through this year, so what irritates me is that it is a waste of time and taxpayers money.:mad:

I don't think any "anti-gun" legislation will make it through this year, so what irritates me is that it is a waste of time and taxpayers money.:mad:

True...but the fact that they're even proposing it is scary. Thankfully we have a (R) governor. But I'm with Skip, if you vote (D) you're pretty much an advocate for gun control.

Big D

A side note... Is ANYONE shocked that almost every attempt to go for gun bans of any kind.... Every single frigin one is brought forward by a (D). The gun rights bills - every frigin time, is brought forward by a (R). I have problems with both (D's) & (R's) but I don't think I'd be caught dead voting for a (D) in my lifetime and any of you gun rights folks that vote (D) - you're getting what you deserve and unfortunately - we are getting what you deserve as well.

There were guys on this site (pro-democrats) saying that (these regs) will never happen.

I have contacted my states representative's Ernts & Dolecheck several times this year re: 2nd Amendment issues.

I would encourage everyone to do so, this fight isn't over yet IMO.

Here is the response I got back from my state reps:

Hi, Ron,

I believe these bills are dead. I will not support any bills that infringe upon our second amendment rights!

Thank you!

Joni K. Ernst
State Senate District 12
Proudly representing the Constituents of Fremont, Mills,
Montgomery, Page, Ringgold and Taylor Counties

Ron,
Thank you for your email. I always have and will continue to support our 2nd Amendments rights.
Sincerely,

Representative Cecil Dolecheck
Statehouse
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
[email protected]

Top Bottom