Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anti's and big money

Old Buck

Life Member
This info came in the US Sportsmen's Alliance January '03 newsletter. The short answer is that the anti's have hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal that they can spend to eliminate our outdoor heritage.

The amounts are 'bugeted income', mostly for '02.

American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals $38,050,411

Friends of Animals $4,071,602

Fund for Animals $5,600,712

Humane Society of the United States $58,865,207

PETA $ 13,499,614

Do you think we have a problem? What can the individual sportsman or sportswoman do?

I read an article in Outdoor Life a few months ago that basically said to join the NRA if you want to fight the anti's. Apparently they are the heaviest hitter in terms of pro-hunting. I personally haven't done so yet but am thinking about joining.

Tomo

NRA homepage

I agree with being an NRA member, an IBA member.

Supporting hunter education and outdoors woman programs and by introducing hunting to others and teaching our family and friends that hunting is ok whether they choose to hunt or not.

Tomo-

I am a member of the following-

NRA 35.00 per year
IBA 20.00 per year (nonresident member)
WBH 20.00 per year
P&Y 25.00 per year
----------
$100.00

I work long hours and cannot lobby on my behalf for every thing that needs attention. At the least the organizations give you a heads up to whats going on and who needs thier cage rattled at the legislative level. This is the cheapest way to preserve our right to hunt and fish and will always be in my hunting budget ahead of new equiptment ETC.

The reason to join should be a nobrainer!!!

WI Shedhead

P.S. Take a line from Uncle Ted- "If your government representative does not no you by first name, you are not doing enough."

VOTE!!! Look how the antigunners went under ground when they are outnumbered. The gun issue is far from over...its cooking waiting for the numbers to come their way again.

You had to like Harkin dressed up like a bird hunter during the elections. Gag me with a chainsaw!

Bush is left of me but I fully support him. I'll be watching tonight.

Top Bottom