Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler question?

H

horst

Hi all, Ive been reading the posts in here but aint posted anything for awhile.Now that Im waiting for muzzleloader to open Ive got to much time on my hands.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone in here ever seen a deer with an antler that grows down?One side grows normally but the other side comes down and around the face.From the back you cant even tell its got both sides, it looks like a halfrack if it isnt looking right at you.

And if anyone knows anything about this will it grow back like that again or is this more than likely a one shot deal.The reason I ask is Id like to shoot this strange little buck but I hate to since hes so young, right now hes a big 6 pointer but if I wait a year I might miss out on a chance for such a unique rack.
confused.gif

if you think you'll be disappointed with him as a 6 i suggest passing. i saw something along what you're describing last year on a larger buck but couldnt get a shot.

I did a skull mount a few years back one side normal other side curved down the side of its face clear down around in front of its nose.No way he could feed off flat ground.After cleaning the skull the base was porous Maybe from a nock with a car or something when soft'it would always be deformed in some way on one side..We gave the shooter a bad time about not being able to see where it was going when when it was killed!!
26404-archer[1].gif

Our hunting group (3 of us) all saw a deer this year like the one you described. One side grew straight down and was discolored. He offered all of us a couple shots at him. But being a 1 1/2 year old we decided to let him grow up. We saw him so often we started calling him the retard. Neat looking rack but just to small.

Top Bottom