Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler reproductions

buckdropper

Hey, long time reader, 1st time contributor. I have a buddy who does some some hunting in Iowa, 3 years ago he told me he had shot a monster with shotgun, spent 3 full days seaching, but never recovered it. He hunts in the west central region of Iowa. He called me the other day to say that he had just found out the following spring a landowner had discovered his deer. The landowner is an older gentleman, and had since given it to his grandson. My friend identified the rack and desperately would like to own it. He has a couple of witnesses that had seen him shoot the deer, so that's not an issue. He doesn't want to have to pay for the antlers, but, would be willing to do so if it comes to that. I mentioned to him that he could try to persuade the current owner into having a replica of the rack made for him in return for the antlers. My question is, do any of you know a good replicator? If you're curious now as to how big the deer is, and why he's willing to go to this extreme, it grossed in the 230"s. Thanks for any recommendations. He's going to get me some pics of the rack, if anyone here is interested? I didn't think you would be.

Hey,

I might be able to help in this situation. A very good friend of mine lives in that area. He is an Official Boone and Crockett measurer and may have even measured the deer.

My cell phone is 515-689-4491

If I found a buck that size dead, I doubt I would surrender the rack but would allow the person wanting a replica to pay the expense for having one made. I would surrender it if I knew the hunter and they were of ethical nature but would request a replica to replace.

How long after the alleged kill was the deer found dead?

Try Rhett Reichoff at R&M Antler Reproductions. 715-335-4695

Rhett is a world and national competitation winner. His prices are very reasonable.

I'm with Shovelbuck on this one. Brian Almberg aka B.A. does top quality work. It would be worth your time to give him a call
waytogo.gif

Hunt on All4s

Thanks for the quick responses guys. My first reaction to my friend was also, "good luck". I'm with most of you here, it'd be really tough to convince me to give up this once in a lifetime find. From what I understand the grandson doesn't deer hunt, so there's a chance this could happen. You'll never know if you don't try. I checked the website and will pass the word to my friend. I've been reading posts on this site for years and knew you guys would be able to help out. Thanks again.

Easy to prove he shot but hard to prove if he killed it. Someone could say they shot him while he was wounded. You never know what people will say when it comes to BIG BUCKS. good luck

Top Bottom