Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antlered doe taken?

Those NE boys got all kinds a crazy goin on up there.
grin.gif

It is true. I have not talked to the guy that harvested it yet, but do know him. I saw the pic of the deer, it's a head mounter.
Was also told that the deer had everything it would need as a female to reproduce.

I heard that they contacted the DNR about it, but am not sure of that.

Talked with a buddy of mine in Waukon and he was working on a project supposedly close to where it was shot. He stopped to take a look at it and said it was indeed a 14pt. and pretty neat looking. They did contact the DNR and will also be talking with Cabela's to see if they are interested. I wish he would of took pictures.

One was harvested in Southwest Iowa around College Springs this shotgun season. Is reported to have some stickers and other junk on the rack.

I am waiting for a guy I know to get the photo for me. He says he took pictures of it.

When the DNR came and took the heads from our 2nd season deer the DNR guy showed me pics of that doe. He said that it was a female, but did not have the ability to reproduce. It was a beauty of a rack that anyone would be proud of. Nice and thick with some character.

AGS...how does that fit into the record books if somebody were to enter it????? Would it fall into the same category as the bucks or what???

[ QUOTE ]
Measured it.
grin.gif

AGS

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine it was still in velvet? From my understanding, the velvet has to be stripped for measurement to be entered into the books? I see that Shredder asked if it would be eligble for the books being a doe. For me, even if it was eligible I don't think I would strip the velvet (if one has to). Such a unique deer I would want to leave it as is for the taxidermist.

What did it score?

Wow! That's pretty darn crazy. The guy did the right thing by calling the DNR right away. Looks like she has a big neck too.

Just had an article in the local paper on a young hunter about 15 miles from here shot a 7 pt. in velvet last week. He was a little surprised when the went to gut it to say the least.
grin.gif

Top Bottom