Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antlered Doe

mole

Friday night while hunting with my 7 year old son we were watching a "buck" come out into the alfalfa field. As I was watching the deer through the binoculars I was surprised to hear a gun shot not more than 100 yards away. I watched the deer run and fall in the timber. After cleaning my underwear
grin.gif
my son and I packed up and headed to the neighbors to find out what was going on.

Sure enough the neighbor’s son had snuck in on our set up. Not quite sure how he missed the decoy in the field or how I missed the "orange" that he was not wearing
confused.gif

Anyway long story short, when he went to gut the 100" deer there was nothing but a milk sac. No testicles, nothing. The rack looked normal and the body was huge. And of course I forgot to take a picture. Although the hunt was a bust for me and my son, it was neat to see something that rare with my own eyes.

mole

Weird. I have seen a bearded hen but I have not seen an antlered doe (that I know of
smirk.gif
).

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

I seen a doe a week ago that had one 6 inch velvet spike. I should of shot her but didnt want to screw my spot up. Maybe if she comes by again I will try and take her out.
grin.gif

I've seen a couple antlered does in my lifetime. They are kinda neat to see. The last I seen was a guy from town here got a 14 pt one last gun season. You'd a never known the difference. coming through the woods. None of my business, but I think you better advise the neighbor kid on the orange reg's.

Two years ago my brother shot his first "buck". When we went to field dress it we noticed it was missing a few things
shocked.gif
.Went home and did some homework on the subject. Turns out it was definitely a doe with antlers. I read that 1 in 100,000 does will have antlers, due to getting too much of her twin brother's testosterone in the womb. They are usually outcasts and will not be bred, from what I read.

No he wasn't trespassing. He was hunting just inside his fence line where it meets our property.

Either way I still need to clean my shorts.
grin.gif

mole

My hunting buddy of mine saw a deer, we assume a antlered doe, it was late september and it had a scraggly velvet 6pt rack and had two pieball fawns tagging along. Most of what we can figure is that it was an antlered doe with pieball fawns.

Dean

Top Bottom