Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antlered Doe?

Booner

Checked my cam's a couple days ago and this picture slipped under the radar until about half an hour ago when a buddy and I were looking threw the pictures i have gotten so far and noticed this "deer" with what looks like no velvet. I could be wrong and looking at the picture from the wrong angle but to us this looks like a deer with zero velvet and kind of has doe traits, small neck, long nose, skinny. What do you guys think?

ledges7-9-10019.jpg

Side View

ledges7-9-10021.jpg

It looks like it is full of light velvet to me. To me it looks clear as day in the top pic but who knows.

Rut,

That's what i thought at first too , but the bases confuse me along with the look of the deer. The 2nd picture shows how POINTED the tips are already and that shouldn't be the case this time of the year. The 1st picture i feel like the velvet should be even with the skin on the top of the head were its not.

I don't see any reason to think it is a doe...looks like a 2.5 year old to me. Based on the white out of the top of the pic, it is hard to tell if there is velvet or not. ???? Hopefully you will get more pics of this thing to prove or disprove your thoughts

Looks like a perfectly normal 2.5 year old to me. Other than maybe a little skinny, I see nothing out of the ordinary. I don't see any reason to think he's not in velvet. You can clearly see it in the top picture.

I def see where it could just be a young buck but I HAVENT seen one deer that early in the year that was TIPPED OUT already and that guy/gal is definatley tipped out. Every other deer ive gotten pic of or seen has furry velvet and its not close to being done growing. I wish i had gotten more pictures because I'm definately wondering if it could really be an antlered doe or just a small fork?

Top Bottom