Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antlerless Tag Prices- Discouraging??? $$$

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
This was a couple months ago BUT just thought about it again. I purchased some doe tags for my land, few for bow, muzzleloader, shotgun, etc. Mainly to thin the herd- I didn't need any more meat. DNR wants me to thin the herd right?

MOST of the tags cost $27, if I buy 1 archery, 1 gun, 1 muzzy, etc. each is $27, price goes down if you buy more for each one of those seasons. I don't know about you BUT that's a lot of money to me, I can't imagine a younger person or someone making minimum wage.
Do you think they should lower the price to encourage more does harvested, do you feel this price is unjustified? Personally the price was discouraging for me considering it's on my land I pay for (and pay taxes on), it's for benefit of herd AND the DNR is "pushing me to shoot more" BUT many others feel like it's money well spent, I can see both sides but wonder perspective.

I guess I am kind of confused. You can get two $2.00 any-sex landowner tags. You can also get three or more $11.00 landowner doe tags to hunt on your land also. (Someone selling tags can help me here).

For general doe tags your first one is $27.00 then the rest are $11.00.

Sounds like you bought all general any sex licenses for each individual season that you could.

I can't remember the exact way I did it. I know I did get a couple $2 tags BUT I paid $27 several times. Whatever the case I know many individuals (non-landowners) and group hunters who are spending hundreds on doe tags. I hunt every season and spent in the hundreds this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For general doe tags your first one is $27.00 then the rest are $11.00.
</div></div>

I believe that this is true as well risto. And the landowner part is true as well although i could only get three!

The second doe tag for 11 dollars is season specific if I remember correctly. You purchase the first at full price, then anything after is half. That's for each individual season though, so if your first purchase was for archery and you went back at a later time for a shotgun tag, you'd have to pay the full price again, and then each tag after that would be half. Same thing for ML.....first tag is full price, second tag is half. It's unjustified in my opinion....they're targeting the guys who are actually trying to make a difference by shooting doe's. Money makes the world go round'.............

It is expensive especially when I buy tags for both my son and I (get a job son! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ) but with landowner and depredation possibles I doubt that tag prices will go anywhere but up.

Landowner tags = (1)$2.00 any-sex tag, (1)$2.00 antlerless tag (1)$2.00 late season antlerless tag, (2) $12.00 antlerless tags

That's 5 tags for about $30 so that is pretty reasonable.

Unless I'm mistaken I believe you only have to purchase one
$27.00 antlerless tag and the rest are $12.00 for any seasons.

Believe me...I'm all for spending less but I'd be real surprised if anything changes... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I bought 5 tags for late season antlerless and drove down to Washinton county. Tags were $12 each, but it cost me a tank of gas each time to drive down there and back. I spent over $150 on gas.

If tag prices are too cheap, the locals might buy them all up, but then not fill them.

I don't hunt bucks, so I wish your first tag you could buy doe only instead of eithersex, but I understand why they don't allow that, so I'll just have to pay.

If someone wants my buck tag, take me hunting with you, i'll I'll tag your your buck ... you tag a couple of does for me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$27.00 antlerless tag and the rest are $12.00 for any seasons.
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

That is what I remember also. I bought my statewide archery and doe tag right off the bat and the rest of the doe tags were $11.00 + $1.00 hush fee for the rest of the seasons.

BTW - My boy needs to get a job also Dbl. but love having him along. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Two $27 each buck tags
First $27 doe tag
another 5 random different county/season doe tags $11 each
it all adds up for everyone but I guess how else do they pay the already few DNR officers they have. Maybe this new Sustainable Funding Bill would help out...or at least help increase the number of officers but that is another discussion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is expensive especially when I buy tags for both my son and I (get a job son! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ) but with landowner and depredation possibles I doubt that tag prices will go anywhere but up.

Landowner tags = (1)$2.00 any-sex tag, (1)$2.00 antlerless tag (1)$2.00 late season antlerless tag, (2) $12.00 antlerless tags

That's 5 tags for about $30 so that is pretty reasonable.

Unless I'm mistaken I believe you only have to purchase one
$27.00 antlerless tag and the rest are $12.00 for any seasons.

Believe me...I'm all for spending less but I'd be real surprised if anything changes... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

This is how I paid as well.

i always plan for about 250 in licenses every year at least- fishing hunting deer turkey waterfowl adds up. i would pay more

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$27.00 antlerless tag and the rest are $12.00 for any seasons.
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

That is what I remember also. I bought my statewide archery and doe tag right off the bat and the rest of the doe tags were $11.00 + $1.00 hush fee for the rest of the seasons.

BTW - My boy needs to get a job also Dbl. but love having him along. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

This is correct. Only the first is 27. The rest are all 12 no matter the season.

Top Bottom