Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antlerless Tags

Bow Ben

Hey guys this is my first season hunting Iowa. I have a deer tag question for you. If I buy an antlerless tag for a given county can that tag be used on both private or public land and for any season? Or do you buy antlerless tags season specific like you do your any deer tags? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben

Hey guys this is my first season hunting Iowa. I have a deer tag question for you. If I buy an antlerless tag for a given county can that tag be used on both private or public land and for any season? Or do you buy antlerless tags season specific like you do your any deer tags? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben

That county tag is good for both public and private land, but it is season specific.

That county tag is good for both public and private land, but it is season specific.

Unless the doe tag was purchased for the special doe season in late November. They switched it up this year and the special November doe shotgun season tags can only be used on private ground. Other than that, use your doe tags on public or private!

Unless the doe tag was purchased for the special doe season in late November. They switched it up this year and the special November doe shotgun season tags can only be used on private ground. Other than that, use your doe tags on public or private!

Good info, I didn't know that as they did away with the November season in the counties I hunt. That's as far as I read in the Regs.

So can you buy an antlerless tag for the bow season and then one for the shotgun season? If so can you buy them the same day or are you only allowed 1 per day?

So can you buy an antlerless tag for the bow season and then one for the shotgun season? If so can you buy them the same day or are you only allowed 1 per day?

Yes, as long as that county's quota has not been filled. Never tried to buy more than one at a time, but you should be able to buy them at the same time. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

My advice, get a regs book next time you're at WalMart, if they're out. If they aren't out in paper form yet, here's a link with all hunting and fishing regulation books http://www.iowadnr.gov/wildlife/files/iahuntfish_regs.html
Double check the combinations of seasons you can do. They're easy reading and since you're new to hunting Iowa you may want to do this regardless. Good luck.

I think you are limited to buying one county antlerless tag before Sept. 15, then it is a free for all. As people have mentioned, read the Regs.

Hey guys,

Do they have the county quota website deal up for the DNR.. So we can see how many each county has and how many has been sold?

If you could post that website or send it to me through a pm.. i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks guys,

Alex

Top Bottom