Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ANTS!!! Any Suggestions

deeraddict

PMA Member
I checked my cam for the first time after having it out a few days and found it full of Ants. Any Suggestions how to get rid of them and or keep them away??

Thanks

We used to get that all the time with the 35mm, a real mess! Cleaning them out isn't easy but just start picking them out... As far as keeping them out again we used camo duct tape around any possible area they could've come in at. That way when they tried crawling back in they got stuck to the tape..kinda like a fly trap.

Put a few shots of that liquid ant killer in there and that should kill the entire colony that is creepin in there. I have a huge aunt problem at my home and it wipes them out pretty quick.

yea they are tearing my cams up. they make them malfunction sometimes and cover up the lense. i think im gonna try spraying some bug killer on them to help maybe some cinnamon on the soutside of the cam. cinnamon keeps them away. also gonna duct tape to cover andy place they come in at

Thanks for the comments guys. i may give the duct tape a shot first. I have it set in a spot that we saw a big buck, and got one pic of him I think. the deer has his head down and you can just make out some tines on one side. Definately want to keep the camera there.

I had the same problem when I pulled mine the other day. The best way to clean them all out is to throw the cam in the freezer for an hour or so....they all fall right out frozen stiff. I've heard that cinnamon will work and also a dryer sheet stuck inside the cam but I've yet to try either method. Gonna try the cinnamon as quick as I put mine out again.

I just put some bug spray around the seals and haven't had a problem since; used to get them everyime. Deer don't seem to mind - at least I don't think! :D

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. I give the nonelectronic portions of the camera a good dose of Raid. The left over Raid seems to keep them out.

i use ant killer also i spray the cam the tree trunk & a 3 foot radius at the base of the tree works great,still got big buck pics.

Top Bottom