Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ants in my Trail Cams

I have used both permethrin & Tempo Ultra to keep ants out of cameras. Np appreciable odor to either one & both seem to work. Could probably just spray the tree or post above & below camera if you were worried about getting it on the camera but I've had no problems applying directly. Just wipe lens & sensors clean after.

Deep woods off!!

Made it out to all cams today in the unbearable heat and every camera i had on a tree was full of ants. Blew them out with computer duster, closed up cams and then sprayed around the cam with permathrine. Cams on stick n pic type stands were all fine.
New cams i out on trees i just sprayed permathrine on the tree and then the outer edge of the cam case. Ill update in 3-4 weeks when i run them again

They must be really bad this year. I have had an occasional camera or two with ants but this year they seem to be worse. I was shooting for the first time a couple weeks ago and they poured out of my target that just sits outside.

Top Bottom