Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Andy Rooney Fans out there?

Baby-G

PMA Member
I wasn't a fan before Andy's comments. After his comments I was very upset and trying to figure out how I could voice my opinion. So many people on TV like Andy or Dan Rather have no clue about hunting or guns. I could go on and on about the foolish things people say on TV.

The truth of the matter is a bow and arrow tipped with a razor sharp broadhead is much more deadly than a high-powered rifle or shotgun! If he only knew!

Oh right . . . and next you'll be telling me that CBS is not a big supporter of hunting and gun ownership. Be gentle - I'm still struggling with the Santa issue.

Dwight Schuh wrote an interesting editorial in the most recent Bowhunter Magazine discussing why people that don't know anything about hunting feel compelled to express their views and opinions anyway. Dwight came up with three reasons.

One was 'pure ignorance' and his example was the following quote from the Andy Rooney commentary on "60 Minutes" on November 26, 2002. This is what Andy said part way through his dialog....

"The Burlington Free Press has a story about shooting deer with a bow and arrow. Hunting deer with a rifle is one thing but shooting at anything with a bow and arrow is barbaric. Imagine all the places you could hit a deer with an arrow and not kill it."

This reminds me of the saying, 'It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt'.

The saddest part is that millions of people hear this and those who have no knowledge of bowhunting have their opinion of bowhunting influenced by the comment.

Thanks alot for your well researched, well thought out opinion on bowhunting Andy.

Old Buck

The guy is a mad old fool.
cussing.gif

It really has been rather surprising to me in the last couple of years how clueless many people are when it comes to hunting,... especially bowhunting.

Comments made by extended family members and coworkers have caused me to realize that a lot of people stereotype hunting based on such limited or worse NO real experience at all.
confused.gif

CamoMan
I've got bad news about the Easter Bunny but don't have the heart to tell you.
shocked.gif

Someone actually watches 60 minutes?? I rate that with Prime Time Live, a must not see or a waste of a good hour. I would much rather use that hour to bait in a daddy buck, mamma doe and bambi or as the one ABC show "sports ????" (i can't remember the name) said a "family of deer" with a Twinky. That one POed me for taking a cheap shot at hunting but also IMO for implying they think the non-hunters are apparently stupid enough to buy it as it was as far fetched as you could get. Course I am still trying to figure out why we should feel sorry for the poor hollywood and music stars that are addicted to drugs but yet condemn the average person as a druggie and throw them in jail for the rest of their life. I say the jail is big enough for them all.
smile.gif
To different worlds we live in and sadly the Tv world influences a lot of people.

Tim

Tim

T.V. will rot your brains if not careful. Everybody should try not to watch t.v. for a day and see how much you can get done. It will amaze you.

Top Bottom