Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any body have any hunts booked for next year??

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
We just booked another archery bear hunt in ON with MOM W/SWD and her husband Ron for the end of Aug. New place we have never hunted and it looks great. Canada requires an outfitter. We get back form Canada and leave approx 2 weeks later with them for a 2 week self guided archery elk hunt in the San Juan mountains in S.W. CO near Durango. Hoytgirl and I went there last year and saw some magnicient bulls; but just couldn't close the deal on a big mature bull. We saw several 6X6's, one 7X7, a small raghorn, and lots of cows. It was our 1st elk hunt and we learned a lot. We felt it was a big success as I had shots at cows at 20 yds that I passed on and we called some nice bulls up to us but we couldn't get the shots. Considering that only 20% of CO bowhunters get an elk, and I have talked with many people that have hired outfitters and never even laid an eye on an elk, I would say that we did pretty good. We will wall tent it this time and make daily hikes miles out to get to the elk; last years' hunt we packed heavy packs back in and it kicked us in the butt. No more of that for us; make a main spike camp near our truck,and then take light daypacks out to the woods each day. Can't wait for both hunts; but the elk hunt is the bigger excitement for me.
What are you guys and gals doing; going out of state, the country, or staying home??
I forgot another hunt; we are going down for archery turkey in MO with MOM W/SWD and Ron too. Can't wait!!

Goin to NE for the turks but just because I can get at em earlier... Other than out west for big game, I don't see any reason to leave this great state...
waytogo.gif

Should get drawn for KS bow season next year. I won't probably get drawn for Iowa bow again until 2008 or 2009. Also planning an Elk hunt out west if all pans out.

Probably go to KS or TX to try and kill some Rio turks and possibly NE if time permits, especially since you can hunt them a few weeks early. Would love to go after some big game but must wait until I am done with school and make some real cash.

Kratz

My boss has already planned hunts to mongolia for some furry critter and also russia for bear. Yes he has BOOKOO bucks $

Probably Minnesota firearms season with the muzzleloader up on Lake of the Woods and possibly South Dakota snow goose on Spring break.

I should get drawn(OH PLEASE LET ME GET DRAWN NEXT YEAR) for IA shotgun next year. I will definitely be up that way for some yotes and pheasants. Kansas bow season consumes every other spare minute I have. If I am fortunate enough to get it done early next year,(I still haven't got it done this season yet
frown.gif
) I will hunt MO for deer and fall turkey.

I have Ontario deer, Sask bear (spring) and Sask deer scheduled right now.

Could very possibly end up in Kansas for thier rifle season come Dec.

Top Bottom