Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

any chainsaw safety tips??

I appreciate the info, and now scared to get wacked.

It can be scary, but if you follow the advice given above, you will be fine. To help sink the point of safety and the importance of having an escape route and communications, check out the following link to the Dutch Creek Incident and read the incident reports.

http://www.nps.gov/fire/wildland-fire/learning-center/fatality-investigation/andy-palmer.cfm

I was on a wildfire not far from this one right before this one happened. Not a season goes by that I don't sit back and think about how this fatality could have been avoided. There were a bunch of things that went wrong that day and those of us in the wildfire world know how this tragedy could have been avoided. This incident is talked about every year as a way to prevent further losses.

Bottom line: use ALL of your safety gear, know your limits, have set escape routes, and have a communications plan. You will be fine.

eye opener

thanks for that info, truly opens your eyes to the dangers.
It can be scary, but if you follow the advice given above, you will be fine. To help sink the point of safety and the importance of having an escape route and communications, check out the following link to the Dutch Creek Incident and read the incident reports.

http://www.nps.gov/fire/wildland-fire/learning-center/fatality-investigation/andy-palmer.cfm

I was on a wildfire not far from this one right before this one happened. Not a season goes by that I don't sit back and think about how this fatality could have been avoided. There were a bunch of things that went wrong that day and those of us in the wildfire world know how this tragedy could have been avoided. This incident is talked about every year as a way to prevent further losses.

Bottom line: use ALL of your safety gear, know your limits, have set escape routes, and have a communications plan. You will be fine.

Top Bottom