Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any chance of getting a lost buck back?

bmazzo8

Hey guys, Im a student in the Des Moines area and the first Sunday of 2nd season I shot what would be by far my biggest buck just Northwest of Indianola. I tracked him, with ok blood, for 2/3 of a mile when the trail pretty much died out. His track appeared to be approaching another landowners land. I talked to the landowner and he said he didnt find anything. Are these lost bucks ever returned if found? Im hoping that if he died whoever finds him may get ahold of the landowner whose land I was hunting on (he called some adjacent landowners to let them know Id be tracking on their land). Dreaming for a miracle! Bob

Good luck with that one. I would doubt it would happen, but you never know. You are doing the best thing you could do by telling the landowners and posting to online forums.

I've had two different friends in the last 5 yrs make marginal shots on their biggest deer of their lives.. when they couldn't find them, they knocked on everyones door in the area and asked for them to keep an eye out.. one was found a week after he shot it and the other was found the next spring.. both were fortunate to have honest people find them and gave them the deer.

I had an NE IA farmer find the biggest buck I ever shot with my recurve a couple weeks after I hit him in the liver. I told him the details of the buck and when he found him on opening gun season, he was nice enough to call me.:way:

Every shed season I usually find 3-4 that go over 140. A lot of the farms that I shed hunt I don't know who bow or shotgun hunts them. I show all of them to the farmer or landowner and they let me know if someones looking for a specific deer.
Good Luck, let us know if someone finds him.

Top Bottom