Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any cuddeback experts on here?

Rous14

PMA Member
Recently bought and just put out Saturday the new L series home cell along w 3 of the remote L series cameras. Didn’t get anything sent to me until the following day (yesterday) around 10am and nothing since.
unless I’m mistaken there isn’t really a way to see the cell signal strength on the home camera is that correct? It just says success or not when you go to cell test. Seems like a pretty major flaw.
‘I’m 5 hours away from the farm so it makes getting in front of the home camera impossible for this type of stuff. Just wondered if anyone had any insight. Thanks

What kind of service did you have on your phone at the camera? I am assuming you had a success when you tested it? Also did you reciever a report and is it showing online?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

What kind of service did you have on your phone at the camera? I am assuming you had a success when you tested it? Also did you reciever a report and is it showing online?

My phone is Verizon and I purposely went with the ATT option bc Verizon has almost no signal at all on this particular farm. I did have success (and wouldn’t have received the pics sunday morning without it right?) on it but again have no idea how strong the signal is or isn’t. Only received 1 report, yesterday, and it showed all my cameras. When I look on my app right now it shows all the remotes. Just no photos

IMG_2052.png
IMG_2053.png

I Always activate and test all cell cams and new remotes from home for a day before putting out - makes it a lot easier to quick fix if you forget a step.
On a NEW Setup - put the cell phone home unit out first and run a cell test - when successful put remote cams out and run signal tests on all before walking away. If you follow these steps all should run well and not have to return to fix errors or signal problems.

Only thing that jumps out right away is your sd card info on your cell. A non formatted or faulty card can cause a bunch of issues. What is your report number set at? Can choose 1-4 a day

Only thing that jumps out right away is your sd card info on your cell. A non formatted or faulty card can cause a bunch of issues. What is your report number set at? Can choose 1-4 a day

So I bought 4 brand new sd cards sandisk ultra I think they were? and put them in the 4 units.
Report number is set at 1 per day

I Always activate and test all cell cams and new remotes from home for a day before putting out - makes it a lot easier to quick fix if you forget a step.
On a NEW Setup - put the cell phone home unit out first and run a cell test - when successful put remote cams out and run signal tests on all before walking away. If you follow these steps all should run well and not have to return to fix errors or signal problems.
So I didn’t test them at home but all the rest of your steps I followed. Put the home cell (which is not a camera) up first and got “success”. Then proceeded to put the 3 remote cams up all of which had a 35 or higher link level.
I got pics Sunday morning so I wouldn’t think that would be possible if it wasn’t set up correctly but I’m no expert

So I didn’t test them at home but all the rest of your steps I followed. Put the home cell (which is not a camera) up first and got “success”. Then proceeded to put the 3 remote cams up all of which had a 35 or higher link level.
I got pics Sunday morning so I wouldn’t think that would be possible if it wasn’t set up correctly but I’m no expert
I am also wondering if you have a corrupted card on your cell cam based on the report - one camera company told me years ago that 80% of cameras returned to get fixed were actually working just fine and just had bad SD cards in them - ever since i heard that i have bought the fastest highest quality cards i can find and have way less issues.

Pretty sure these are what I bought….View attachment 125514
They are pretty forgiving compared to other brands when it comes to sd tolerance. That being said any brand can be bad our of the box. The fact it doesn't register any memory is a concern. Make sure your set to 4 reports a day. Also the app is notorious for being less accurate than the web portal. If you log on you should be able to see when your cell checked in last. Could also command it to take a picture to see if it responds. Remember that command won't go thru until the camera checks in again which is not immediate

I’m running Cuddes this year for the first time and I’m switching. Can’t keep batteries in them, I know I can buy solar panels, but more importantly like someone else said I’m convinced I do not receive every pic taken. I know my farm and activity and would say I get 1/3 of the pics I should get. Next year I’m switching to tactacam reveals.

I’ve heard this before and questioned it myself. Have you ever put a regular camera in same location to test this?

Great idea. I have not. I will tomorrow though.
Did this on our farm and the cuddies caught about 75% of the deer that a standard bushnell picked up. cudde rep said we needed to angle them slightly downward to get better triggers. Didn’t really improve so switched and running Tactacams.

Anyone in the market for Cuddes

Cell placement is really important, it doesn't work well having the cell in a primary location taking alot of pictures. Channel number can also cause issues. Beyond that the Fresnel lenses are prone to sun damage and need to be replaced every couple years at minimum. They also need to be set lower than most cams. Mid thigh to top of the knee for example. They are more finicky than some so it's a trade off.

The new L series Cuddeback cellular home units released this year do not have a camera in them. Their only job is to capture the pics radioed in from the remote cams and burst them out via cellular network. Seems to be a way more efficient way of doing it and i am getting more pictures now i believe. Also nice that you can set it up nice and high and hidden in a good spot for cellular reception and not worry about getting good pics with it. I've converted all of mine to the new L cams and really like the improvements. Picture quality is also better and battery life is much improved.

Top Bottom