Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any gunsmiths out there...

D&D Flesheaters

Owner of D&D Flesheaters
I bought a muzzleloader and scope from the Bass Pro Shop. I took it home and shot it a dozen times when I noticed my scope was slipping through the rings. I went home tightened everything as well as I could and shot it some more. Again, the scope was slipping through the rings.

I have tightened everything as tight as I can, yet the scope is still slipping.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I hate to do it, but should I scuff the scope where its held by the rings?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

you just need a couple shims in the valleys of your rings. if you have not already, just get the leupold dual dovetails, have them installed and forget about it.

Both 1". I spoke with a BPS employee last night, and they weren't sure why it would slip. They said the rings I bought are what they typically use with almost all the T/C muzzleloaders they set up. I bought the Nikon BDC scope, so the combination should be pretty text book. Anyway, I'm planning to make a little trip up there one of these nights to figure it out.

Thanks for the suggestions and ideas.

Good plan...take it back and let them fix it.
thumbsup.gif

[just get the leupold dual dovetails, have them installed and forget about it. ]

I couldn't agree more. All of my rifles out here have the Leupold dual dovetail bases/rings and they are rock solid with any scope. Highly recommend those over any others.

Top Bottom