Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any info on Sugema in the spring?

iowabucks

My buddies and i are planning on a fishing/camping/beer drinking trip to Sugema the weekend of May 14th.

Has anybody been there early spring and had much luck with different species of fish.

When and where?

Great Bass lake!!!

the muskies should be getting bigger too, id imagine a 40 incher is a good possiblity this year!!!

Crappie are very abundant. Some over 17". They stocked alot of walleye and they are just now decent size. Lots of bass. I have a book published in 2006 that list every lake in Iowa. It shows what kind and how many fish they have stocked into the lake. What part of the lake each fish bites. What they usually bite on. The depths of each part of the lake. Its pretty dang handy. Ill get it out of my jeep after i go fishing today and ill give you more info on Sugema. If you like vertical jigging for good size crappie then you will have alot of fun.

sportsmansconnection.com

Buy the IOWA book and it will tell you everything that you will need to know about Sugema. Along with over 200 other lakes in Iowa. It comes in handy quite a bit. Good luck

I was in True Value Convenient Store yesterday and one of the guys that work there " one of the guys i fish against in the catfish tournaments" he said he had his best day there on Saturday. 22 Crappie and 4 wallye in 2 hours. He wouldnt tell me where he fished but he said " You gotta know the righ trees to fish". I do know that he used a small jig and fished it vertically.

Top Bottom