Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any licensed electricians out there????? *DELETED*

Re: Any licensed electricians out there?????

I assume your microwave is 120V. It would best if you can find a way to take a home run back to the box. Even if you have to hire an electrician to come in and run one for you. Microwaves are normally left on a breaker of thier own. The other thought would be this. Whats on the other side of the wall? If it's a bedroom for example you could maybe get to an outlet there and use that. Bedrooms normally draw a very small load so you could get away with that although it would not be the 1st choice.

Remodeling is great isn't it!!!!!
wall.gif

Most microwaves draw a lot of current and should be on a seperate 20 amp breaker. It would be best not to tie off of on side of the 220 line. If there is any way to tie it to a circut with very little draw like a celing light maybe. If you absolutuly must use one leg of the 220 line at least use a protected outlet, one that is either fused or with a breaker, and don't run the range and microwave at the same time.

It's in a bad spot, outside wall of the lower level facing south, and the electrical panel is on a outside wall facing the west on the upper level. These are my choices I think, either take it off the 220v or tie it into the dishwasher plug which I think already has a few other outlets on it. There is no way of getting a homerun back to the circuit box. Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom