Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any log bed owners here?

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
We just love them. CO has a lot of different woodworkers that craft them and sell them in shops. I found this unique one 7 years ago in Del Norte, CO. I was cruising back from Lake Powell, which is in Utah, in my pickup and had my Harley in the back of my pickup.
We stopped at this log furniture store and as we were leaving the owner wanted us to go up in the attic of his shop to see a king size barn beam/log bed that he had custom built for a guy. The bed was too large for his home and he never picked it up. The guy offered to sell it to me for $700. We snatched it up, loaded it in the truck, and I rode the Harley home while my wife drove our pickup. It is the only barnbeam/log bed I have ever seen. It is extremely HEAVY. The tops of the the barnbeam posts have the look and feel of ivory. Post pics of your rustic beds.

logbed1fc7.jpg

logbed3az2.jpg

logbed4jb1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the bear statue, it wasn't there....uh nevermind.

Nice bed! </div></div>

hehe...classy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the bear statue, it wasn't there....uh nevermind.

Nice bed! </div></div>

Hilarious!

Nice bed! </div></div>

I bought that statue from a huge African American guy at a flea market. He said some chic gave it to him as a momento for a good time. I guess her man is a firefighter engineer paramedic in SE IA. She stated that she likes his job as it gives her free time for male company.

That's a pretty sweet bed. Always thought about making one out of logs or old wood like that. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Does it ever creak or anything when you are giving it to the ol' lady?? That would be my only concern with something like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does it ever creak or anything when you are giving it to the ol' lady?? That would be my only concern with something like that. </div></div>

Who care's if it does. I like it noisy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Thanks for all of the compliments; I really thought some of you guys had log beds too. Windwalker, I got your PM and I will give you the measurements soon so that you can build your own. The two beams that run the length of each side of the bed are attached with 1/2" 10" long lag bolts that have been countersunk. There are wood plugs that hide the holes. It is rock solid. The headboard takes two guys with all of their might to move it.

Top Bottom