Any of you ever heard of this happening?

Roddy

My son shot a nice 8 point in the 150" range early Friday afternoon. It fell in a field about 300-400 yards from a road. While he was walking back though the woods to get the truck somebody drove accross the field and stole the deer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

How #$%^*& low is that!

that is CRAP!!
i hope you figure out who?!?!?!?!

who are these people??

Actually, a buddy of mine back home had a really big ten point hanging in a tree in his front yard. His house in right on the highway, and he left for a few minutes to run to the store, and when he got back, someone had driven their truck in his yard and backed underneath the deer and cut the rope and drove off. At first he thought is was some of his buddies joking with him, but he hasn't seen the deer since.

Yup, heard of that before. How big of a loser do you have to be to steal someone's deer and then claim you shot it.

I have had it happen to me as well. Mine was 137 3/8 eight pointer that I shot 12-17-1993 with my black widow . I was 17 at the time and it was a huge accomplishment for me back then.

The guy who stole it actually entered it into the local big buck contest claiming that he had snuck up on it in an open pasture in his back yard. He wasn't even able to make up a believable lie...pretty sad individual. I never was able to claim the deer as mine. It was a his word against mine situation.

Just to add top his resume he later stole a doe that my brother shot. Both of these deer died right next to or on the road. What a loser. It still gets me upset to think about it today, 15 years later.

Sorry it had to happen to you as well.

What a bunch of crap! You have to be one sorry SOB to pull something like that. It amazes me how low some people will sink.

Was the deer tagged? I had a buddy that had this happen to him and the Game Warden said he could have pressed charges if the deer was tagged.

Good luck and I hope you find your deer. I cannot beleive that people would stoop that low!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: String Gun Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I cannot beleive that people would stoop that low! </div></div>

I'm more amazed all the time how low people will stoop! It seems everybody wants what you have, but they don't want to put in the work to have it.

He'll have to live with the lie everytime he tells the story about how he killed it.

What was the name of that kid who shot that giant buck awhile back that had it stolen out of his back yard in somewhere in Iowa. It scored well into the 200's. He was at the Classic last year with a replica that he had made.

On that note: Is there any kind of wall mount lock or something of that nature that you can get to keep someone from stealing a mount out of your home? I doubt it, but that would be a hell of an idea.

If I remember right...the kid who had the 220+ stolen, was actually stolen from his basement. He had it at the deer classic, and a few weeks later, it was stolen. It's sad, but at the same time our deer management is producing bigger bucks, it is also increasing the greed factor, and limiting more people the opportunity to bowhunt because of all the land that is being leased or bought for a distinguished few. It makes for great videos, but it will mess things up for the long haul. I think it is also the reason more of us are reluctant to show our harvest in the harvest forum. This years fun and accomplishment becomes next year's nightmare because we've lost our place to hunt. Hunting used to be based on good relationships, today it is based on cash.

I believe you guys are talking about Brian Andrews. Had the mount stolen from his basement /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif. No news on any leads that I have heard of. I believe Brian's buck is still the current state record for bowhunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hunting used to be based on good relationships, today it is based on cash. </div></div>

This may become my new signature. Sums it up.

This is the exact reason I don't post harvest photos online.

Not that I have much worth stealing, but it's just not worth the risk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the exact reason I don't post harvest photos online.

Not that I have much worth stealing, but it's just not worth the risk. </div></div>

Very true, you never know who is looking. Having said that, I have posted one in the PMA section. Not sure why, but I guess the PMA prevents the majority of the net from looking...and if they look, then they had to pay so it's a win for the board even if they're here for the wrong reason.

I personally haven't seen this happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iatreehugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think it is also the reason more of us are reluctant to show our harvest in the harvest forum. This years fun and accomplishment becomes next year's nightmare because we've lost our place to hunt. Hunting used to be based on good relationships, today it is based on cash. </div></div>

My son killed a 193 a few years ago that made a magazine cover. Every single acre of land around where he killed it was leased before the next season started and the land owner had to put locks on his gates to keep people out. The land owner wishes he had never told where it was killed, we knew better.

Actually, the PMA is the last place I'd post one!

Supposin' I was a thief and wanted to know where the hardest of the hardcore hunters in Iowa would post the biggest bucks that were killed...I'd gladly pay the nominal subscription fee just to have that resource available to me. The guys in there are the ones that take their hunting seriously enough to subscribe to a user group dedicated to whitetail hunting...and most likely the ones that manage their ground and hunt selectively enough to bag big deer. The rest of us jokers in the Harvest Forum just happened to bag some of the deer that got away from those guys!!!!

Before anybody freaks out about what I wrote above I'm only speaking tongue in cheek.

Back