Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ANY ONE BEAR HUNTING IN MN

DOR

Life Member
ITS BEEN A GOOD MONTH, GOT DRAWN IN ZONE 31 FOR BEAR IN MN AND NOW IN ZONE 9 FOR IOWA WHITETAILS. ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE PLANNING BEAR HUNTS THIS FALL. WENT LAST YEAR BUT MUST SAY IT WAS AN AWFUL SEASON AS COMPARED TO YEARS PAST. TOO MANY BERRIES AND ALTERNATE FOODS I THINK. HOPING THIS YEAR WILL BE BETTER

DOR,

I also drew a zone 31 bear tag. I understand they have some surplus tags from zones that didn't fill their quotas. This will be my 3rd time up there and it's been great the first two times. Here's my first bear...shot in 97. Good luck!

NWBuck

Attachments

• 27411-Bear.jpg
    27411-Bear.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5
I drew a tag. This will be my first time in Minnesota for bear. Went last year in Wisconsin and had a blast. Anyone going through an outfitter? Any suggestions?

THIS WILL BE MY 3RD TRY FOR MN BEARS, THE FIRST YEAR I WAS ONLY ABLE TO HUNT 3 DAYS AND MISSED A 400 LB BEAR ON DAY 1 AND SHOT A BEAR THAT UNFORTUNATLY GOT INTO A TAG ELDER SWAMP AND WE NEVER WERE ABLE TO FIND IT ON DAY 2.....THIS WAS SELF GUIDED WITH ABOUT 3 DAYS OF BAITING PROIR TO THE SEASON. LAST YEAR I WENT WITH AN OUTFITTER FROM TWO HARBORS AND ONLY SAW ONE BEAR IN 6 DAYS OF HUNTING ANDIT WAS A 1 1/2 OLD. HE CHARGED 400 BONES FOR BAITING PRETTY MUCH.

LAST YEAR WAS A DOWN YEAR BUT I THINK YOU CAN HAVE AS GOOD OF LUCK DOING IT YOURSELF PROVIDED YOU HAVE THE TIME. WHEN YOU FIGURE IN GAS AND FOOD TO MAKE A FEW BAITING TRIPS.......IT WORKS OUT ABOUT THE SAME AS HIRING SOMEONE TO BAIT FOR YOU. ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHERE YOU "GUIDE" DECIDES TO PUT YOU OR HIS PLACEMENT OF STANDS (IF PROVIDED). IF I HAVE THE TIME I WILL BE GOING THE DO IT YOURSELF ROUTE ONCE AGAIN. iF ANYONE HAS A TAG IN ZONE 31 AND WOULD LIKE SOME COMPANY MY BUDDY AND I WOULD BE GLAD TO TALK WITH YOU.

I hunted out of Cook twice. Both times through an outfitter. The only way to fly for me. A couple guys I hunted with went up 5 days early, baited a couple sites each and NONE got hit during our 6 day hunt (11 days total) I took a nice 256 lbs bear the second year. Went home empty the first year but had two bear come into the bait.
Went after elk last year. No bear $
This year it's bear again. Canada this time ($1300 = cabin W/ hot water on lake, boat+motor, 5 day hunt)
Archery hunt.(But I am tempted to blast one. To bad those sissy liberals in the big cities stomped out hand guns up there. My Encore would make short work of one!
peace.gif

You got that right Scout they are a bunch of sissy's up there. I had 5 guys going bear hunting up in Canada this year and when I found out they were not going to support the war on terror I canceled that trip and cost those cowards almost $10,000 in what the 5 of us would have spent up there. I drew a tag in MN instead. Those low-lifes can keep their bears and I will keep my money in the good old U.S.A. and I encourage everyone else to do so also!!!
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

There is not many outfitters up there that agree with the BS rules impossed by the masses of asses who live in the big cities. The population outside the urban centers is not large enough to out vote them. The only ones hurt by not hunting there are the peolpe who are more than willing to provide us a great service. If we stay home the urbanites win. As for the Iraq war, they are as French as they are "Westerners". Even more so it appears. I'll wager the guides, hunters, and outdoorsmen of Canada were ready to kick some butt. The counrty is being controlled by very liberial city dwelling people. You only hurt those on your side by staying home.

Top Bottom