Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any other veterans out there?

Old Buck

Life Member
Just got this email. This has nothing to do with whitetail deer or hunting but I found it to be interesting reading. 'Old Buck'

WHETHER YOU LIKE RUSH LIMBAUGH OR NOT, THIS IS WORTH READING

I think the vast differences in compensation
between the victims of the September 11th casualty,
and those who die serving the country in
uniform, are profound. No one is really talking
about it either because you just don't criticize
anything having to do with September 11th.

Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because
it says something really disturbing about the entitlement
mentality of this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11th
attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is
a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an
American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000
direct
death benefit, half of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial
costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you
remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18.
When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people that are getting an average
of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not
enough.

We also learned over the weekend that some of
the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an
organization asking for the same deal that the September 11th
families are getting.
In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
embassies
are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you?

Folks, this is part and parcel of over fifty years of
entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad.

Every time when a pay raise comes up for the
military they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the
green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have
to
survive on food stamps and live in low rent housing.

However our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and
many of you don't know that they only have to be in
Congress one-time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per
month and most are now equal to be millionaires plus.
They also do not receive Social Security on retirement because
they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years
and get out as an E-7 you may receive a pension of $1,000 per
month, and the very people who placed you in harms
way receive a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a
weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and
lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this ??"

It is obvious that most of the citizens of this country take our freedoms for granted......

We pay millions..... literally billions of dollars each year to professional athletes (many of whom have an incredibly inflated view of themselves) to play sports while we barely pay our military personel enough to raise a family on and for all practical purposes forget about their families in the event of a tragic death........... it truly is a sad state of affairs.

I totally understand what Rush is saying. I grew up in a military house hold. My father was enlisted. He fought in both the Korean and Vietnam conflicts. We moved all the time.
We did not have much because my dad was the only one who worked back then. Mom raised us full time. As enlisted we were always second class. We were happy though. Nothing is equal in the military except for dying for your country and the uniform you wear. Maybe things have changed for the enlisted I don't know. Whether enlisted or commisioned they all deserve our support and prayers in the coming months. The issue regarding the payment is beyond my understanding. Its unbelievable. My prayers and sympathy are with the families of those who lost loved ones on Sept. 11th but I as Rush do not feel they are entitled to that type of compensation. I feel we can give them some type of assistance to help out in the beggining to get there feet back on the ground but not compensation in the amounts indicated above.

The entitlement attitudes we've have developed in America are going to be our downfall. The whole idea of settlements for 911 victims, I believe, started as an effort to keep the Airline Industry from failing. What it has apparently turned into is very disheartening. I am retired Air National Guard and also spent over 4 yrs on active duty. When I left the active duty Air Force we where young parents of two great kid who received great medical care. Adjusting to life outside of the military was very stressful. We did not have a care in the world when it came to day to day needs, as military members. I chose to serve and my wife chose to be a military wife. When I wanted more I moved on, my choice. As long as we have a voluntary military and the number of qualified people choosing to serve are good you must believe the compensations are fair. I thank God for those who are willing to serve. I would encourage any of my children to serve their country. If you want to gain wealth don't join the military or know you'll need to move on at some point. We are all guilty in some way of looking for our entitlements. We are living in the land of opportunity. We are all free to find something better for our self. I realize we need to be active in forwarding our causes and, in my opinion, keep the liberals from running away with the world. The whole thing seems like a vicious circle.

It's amazing the conditions that soldiers live in, and they're a lot better now then they used to be. I'll never forget the cockroach infested quarters for married soldiers and having barely enough money for groceries. Most soldiers obtain SGLI (Serviceman's Group Life Insurance) that starts out at $100,000 dollars; but we had to pay for it. Some of the most dangerous jobs, and they still get paid squat.

Very interesting, It shows how when there is no one to sue, the goverment will step in and pick up the tab.
Can you believe 15,000 a month for one term in office.
I served 4 years active duty, in which time a signed up for the G.I. Bill.
We had to pay in 100.00 dollars a month for a year. (After taxes and the $100 I was bringing home $500 a month) I got a bonus added to my G.I. Bill for being a Gulf War Vet. .
The total amount I got for school after was still less than the $15000 a month for one term in office.
It kind of makes me think things in this country are getting away from the way it was intended to be. Must be the lawyers fault, or our fault for letting it get this far.
Just one mans thoughts!!!!!
BOWDUDE

As tragic as September was, I was ticked off when I then learned that the Government was going to pay death benefits to the victims. The possibility of death is a reality for EVERYONE, EVERYDAY. Whether a loved one dies from a plane flying into their place of work, is murdered for their watch, or is killed on on a highway heading for home - what's the difference? He's still dead. A loved one can die at any moment on any day. This is why I own my OWN life insurance. I don't count on my employer to provide it (although they provide some), and I certainly don't expect all of you taxpayers to support my family because I was not responsible enough to protect them whle I was living.

As sad as their loss is, people die everyday without any or adequate life insurance. As far as I am concerned, they should have done a better job planning. Now, in addition to my own insurance premiums, I have to pay for someone else's death benefit because while living, they didn't want to spend the money.

4.7 million dollars, invested at a rate of 6% would generate $282,000 income a year - without ever touching the principal! And our servicemen are living on food stamps?!!! This is the American way now, it seems - take the money from those who earn it and give it to those who don't want to make the sacrifice themselves to get it.

We owe our servicemen many times over what the September victims are going get. Remember that those in the military VOLUNTEER to face these nuts that want to kill us all. They are the ones who deserve the money.

I guess when our military folks go on strike and Saddam or North Korea do whatever they darn well please and each and every one of us wake up each morning with a real live threat to our way of life right at our own front door. Maybe then we can all just take a little responsibility for our lives.

Our recreations make millions and our national AND public law enforcement make squat for doing our dirty work while we play. Could our priorities be mixed up?

You know the old saying, "Freedom has a taste that the protected may never know".

Some days I walk into work along the handicap parking & count the number of license plates that document- POW, Purple Heart, Medal of Honor and realize how lucky I am to serve those who served us. Sounds corny to some but I get a lump in my throat. You can't out a price on the service we have been provided by every veteran. Thanks to all of you out there!

Unfortunatly, the payments for the victims family's of 9/11 were a nessesary political move in my opinion. If Bush hadn't done it the Dem's would have, and would have made a big stink about why the Republicans didn't do it 1st. Not that I'm in favor of it (the payments) but no matter who's in office they all have their finger in the air to see which way the political wind is blowing. I used to think the reparation's for the decendents of black slaves were a joke and there would be no way they would be getting any cash. But I'm not so sure anymore. It's all about POWER. Who's got it now and who could get it in the next election...............................
flaming.gif

Top Bottom