Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any scrapes yet?

I've heard not to piss on scrapes and then again I've heard to piss on scrapes. Whats everyones thought/experiences?

Let 'er rip, tater chip. The scrapes I saw Saturday were mighty dry...but I freshened a couple of them and I can virtually guarantee you that they will be the first to revisited by the bucks in the area.

I take a leak in as many as my my bladder will allow. I've started mock scrapes with nothing other than a good looking overhanging branch and having the urge to go. I can't say that I've ever had a bad reaction.
I try to only get as close as needed and never touch the licking branch.

I try to only get as close as needed and never touch the licking branch.

Oh the comments that could be made about this. Extremists might take along a lengthy piece of pvc pipe with them to further the distance. :D

I peed in the two mock scrapes I've made this year. Should have a camera on them, but you can only put them so many places. Cleared a good sized area of grass down to dirt (probably could have gone larger), so should at least see tracks or scrape marks from a deer.

I've heard not to piss on scrapes and then again I've heard to piss on scrapes. Whats everyones thought/experiences?

I pee in every one I can. The bucks go crazy and usually work them the same evening. Just remember to turn away from the camera while doing this.

Top Bottom