Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any suggestions on a new grunt call??

T

twsmith

I am in the market for a new grunt call to use. I already have the primos can which works great but I would like a better buck grunter. The one I currently use doesn't sound right and freezes up quite a bit (even in the warmer times). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I like primos hardwoods grunter but MAD calls makes a good grunt call.They produce a loud clicky grunt.

H.S. True Talker does it all and I'll bet if you get one you'll never want another. Tending grunts, fawns , does, all with slite change in finger pressure.
waytogo.gif

I'm with Ironwood. I like the True Talker. You can make some great tending grunt/clicks with it. Whatever you get, make sure it's rubber coated so it ain't bangin' on everything on your jacket. I hat those hard plastic tubes! Too noisy!

Disregard whatever M350 tells you, it's most likely Baloney!
evil.gif

I have always carried a Rod Benson wooden grunt tube, until this year that is. Quaker boy has a new HAMMER HEAD grunt call with adjustable volume with a simple twist of the wrist. This call also is adjustable from a deep grunt to a fawn bleat. Every one I have showed it to, is buying 'em. Great authentic sound and huge Volume.

Second, If you live in Wisconsin, start watching the locsl stores for a digital hand held caller with 5 DEER sounds built into a camo case. Cass Creek Game Calls are the products names and the Deer call is legal in WI.The sounds on the call are grunt, snort-wheeeeze,tending grunt, fawn distress and antler rattling.Average human hearing call at about 100 yards.

Best part about digital caller is the price of around $25---instead of$125. The call is also avail at same price for Elk, Turkey, Duck, Goose, Predator and coming soon Crow.

Alright Rack , how'd you beat me in there......
doah.gif

By the way those arrows look pretty nice-I still see a lot of unwrapped shaft, but at least the nock is on the right end
cool.gif

M350, After you suggested covering my entire shaft with wraps, I started to wonder if that's what Ted Nugent does to his. Have you seen his all white arrow shafts? After seeing his,I quit worrying about the liitle bit of my arrows covered in white being too much!

I bought an HS Trye Talker and really like the sound of it, but I have a question. It has a very noticeable "rubbery" smell to it that even I can notice when it is on my lanyard around my neck. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this odor?

Blodgett calls out of New York has a grunt tube that I swear by! It is the best tube I have ever had or ever heard!

I like the True Talker also. Had mine for about 4 years now. We don't get too many freezing days here in FL but haven't had any prob's with it in IA or WV. It does have that good clicking/clacking sound to it and great for doe bleats in a pinch (the "Can" is my first choice for those though).

As far as the rubber smell ??? I haven't noticed the rubber smell of new boots bothering deer.

i just ordered the bowgrunter plus from awayhunting.com. it is an inhale, so it will never freeze up, has 4 settings, fawn, doe, buck, dominant buck. has a shut off, so you can't accidentally blow too hard and "squwak". and is totally hands free, clips to your jacket at your waist, aimed to the rear, so your location can't be pinpointed, and has a mouthpiece that is pinned to your collar, so the mouthpiece is at your mouth at full draw position. $15

Right now it looks like the HS True Talker seems to be in the lead. I will be taking my time in making a decision though. I would like to hear some of the others I have looking at. I guess I will have to break out the hunting video archives and listen to them that way rather than testing them out for myself.

Absolutely the best grunt call on the market is made by Blodgett Call Co. in New York! It is a 5-in-1 grunter, it makes every sound between a fawn bleat and a dominant buck. It is by far the loudest grunt call on the market. It has an acrylic barrel and reed chamber that is why the volume is so loud. And of course you can tone it down. You can order one from Blodgetts' call 607-937-0766 for a free catalogue.
waytogo.gif

I swear by my Rod Benson grunt call.
waytogo.gif

However I don't recommend the new Tinks green grunt tube, I blew it the other day at Cabela's and I wasn't impressed at all.
Nonres

Top Bottom