Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

any toms gobbling yet?

J

jdavis

Has anyone heard any gobbling yet! It's getting about that time.

on march 6, there was a group of gobblers sounding off at 11 am pretty hard, sure was cool to hear
smile.gif

Was shed hunting this morning and heard a couple gobbling, also heard some hens cutting and yelping. Saw a flock of about twenty. One of the toms had all white wings and its body was mostly white, real neat looking bird.

Went camping Monday night and woke up Tueday morning with 6 or 7 toms gobblin' all around me. Got to watch them fly down and strut a bit before they worked their way off. I think I know where I'll be sitting in April.
grin.gif

i had about 6 gobblers working one hen in my pasture today while i was building a deer shooting house for next yr was kewl to watch i know where im siting

I heard 2 gobbling back and forth yesturday afternoon about 3pm while I was out shed hunting.They are the first one's I've heard this year,Man they sounded AWSOME!!!
30571-green1.gif

I have seen a few out strutting the last couple days. Just seen one around a hour ago out strutting.

grin.gif

I had a couple of birds gobbling on the roost this morning. Once they flew down, they quit sounding off. I couldn't get any to respond to my calls. Things are just starting to warm up. I still have nearly 2 months to try to arrow one.
cool.gif

O wow went out this morning and they were so fired up it was incredible. about a half an hour of non stop gobbling. yesterday i sinned a little by calling to a gobbler and he came running across a field about 600 yds. he would strut every time i called and then run when i stoped. I left when he was about 150 yards away.

gundog

It's amazing what a week has done for the gobbling activity. I've been out Fri. and Sat. and have had birds really fired up even with only a little soft calling. Missed one on Friday afternoon. My arrow sailed just a little high. This morning I had two very mature birds hang up at 40 yards. Tomorrow is another day!
cool.gif

Man, oh, man are they fired up this weekend. Heard and saw TONS of big birds in the morning, noontime and afternoon. Not too much gobbling at fly-up, but the mornings sound like thunder with all the gobbling.
Stutters everywhere.

THEY ARE IN THE MOOD! I SAW quite a few as I drove home from the Wisconsin deer & turkey expo Saturday! Tails are at full fan!
not_ripe.gif
pineapple.gif
icon_ban2.gif
bouncefire.gif

I drove out to one of my hot spots right at dusk and watched a big tom strutting for a bunch of hens. He didn't deflate at all the whole time I watched.

Top Bottom