Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any weekend luck?

G

GunnerJon

How many of you out there had any luck this weekend either with bow or early muzzleloader? I harvested a nice doe this morning with my muzzleloader, as did my uncle and one of my buddies friends. Another friend also shot a doe with his bow today (the day of does!) The weather was awefully windy and chilly on Saturday and the deer weren't moving much. Today I saw more deer and decided to take a bigger doe. So how did you all do?
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

I had a great day, all in public hunting zones. I was 6 for 7 on teal this morning in Emmet countly, then tonight I shot a doe in Polk county with my old 54 cal Hawken. I was planning to look for bucks until Wednesday before taking a doe but sometimes things just happen. She stopped to smell a scrape about 25 yards from my stand and I put my scope on her. I was watching her twins that were behind her another 20 yards or so and next thing I know I looked back at her and she was staring back at me and I heard a very loud BOOM! She never heard it though. I guess subconciously I must have decided that she was the girl for me! Oh well, I have 2+ months left of bow season to find Mr big antlers, and I will be chewing on Doe sticks and jerky the whole time I'm looking.
tongue.gif

IaCraig

shot my first deer friday night and found it the next day ( saturday ) it was a lil 5 pointer with a bow, its my first deer so i'm proud of it, its goin to the taxidermist tomarow night

I had a good weekend. I arrowed my doe on saturday evening. Then on sunday evening i had medium sized basic 8 point with some really neat non typical hooks coming of his right antler. I have been carrying around a digital camcorder with me and got some good vidio of the buck, i just was not ready for my bow season to be over yet and with the vidio you could say i did catch it but i released it. I never thought i would be catch and release bow hunting, but that is exactly what it has been alowing me to do. I am not sure how to post video, but i sure would like to share it if possible. Sorry about the rambling, anyway great weekend!!

arowflinger, those are some nice pics of a unique buck. I'm just curious did you tell that buck to smile for you, or is he just naturally photogenic. Congrats on the doe and the footage on fabio
grin.gif

Top Bottom